Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring handguns to my wife

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cas
    replied
    A friend died and they waived the 5 transfer fees.
    A family member died and I had to pay the 15-17 transfer fees.

    So who the hell knows, probably depends on who helps you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Range Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

    FLAW

    No ffl transfer needed between husband and wife
    That's not the situation mentioned in the OP or my text above.

    But you are correct that spouses could do the same for less.

    However it would still be $42 because I neglected to include the charges to remove a gun from a licence, which makes it $62 for non -spouses and non-children.

    Leave a comment:


  • Huntington Guy
    replied
    Move to a free state and save $200

    Leave a comment:


  • Gopedxr7
    replied
    Originally posted by pequa1 View Post

    So Nassau didn't allow you to put them on both ?



    nope. Some upstate counties allow or

    Leave a comment:


  • Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by Range Time View Post

    How about they "sell" you the gun for $1, and you cover the $10 transfer fee at Benson's and the $10 amendment fee to add it to your license?

    Of course, you'd then have to "sell" it back after you try it and "don't like it", which bring it to a grand total of $42, two trips to Benson's, and two trips to the PLB to make it all happen.

    It's easier to just order your sibling $42 to come shooting with you.
    FLAW

    No ffl transfer needed between husband and wife

    Leave a comment:


  • NRATC53
    replied
    Originally posted by Range Time View Post

    How about they "sell" you the gun for $1, and you cover the $10 transfer fee at Benson's and the $10 amendment fee to add it to your license?

    Of course, you'd then have to "sell" it back after you try it and "don't like it", which bring it to a grand total of $42, two trips to Benson's, and two trips to the PLB to make it all happen.

    It's easier to just order your sibling $42 to come shooting with you.
    I like FL so much better

    Leave a comment:


  • Range Time
    replied
    Originally posted by dr. wesson View Post

    I see...so am I understanding this correctly - for example someone lives with siblings who already have their permits, so he/she plays by the rules and goes through the trouble to also receive a pistol permit, and wants to drive out and take a pistol training class but can't afford to spend $500 on a pistol yet when they already have one in the family, brother/sister has to come be with them the whole time?!
    How about they "sell" you the gun for $1, and you cover the $10 transfer fee at Benson's and the $10 amendment fee to add it to your license?

    Of course, you'd then have to "sell" it back after you try it and "don't like it", which bring it to a grand total of $42, two trips to Benson's, and two trips to the PLB to make it all happen.

    It's easier to just order your sibling $42 to come shooting with you.

    Leave a comment:


  • NRATC53
    replied
    Too much time (they say) spent in court during divorces

    Leave a comment:


  • vmtcmt
    replied
    Originally posted by pequa1 View Post

    So Nassau didn't allow you to put them on both ?
    Nassau does not do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • pequa1
    replied
    Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post
    My wife got the email two days ago. And we picked up her license last night. So in about 3.5 months from start to finish she got it.

    I transferred 3 handguns right away to her license. No background check needed. But it was $10 per handgun for each of us. So it was $10 each for me to remove them and $10 each for her to add them.

    Now I just wish life and work would slow down so I can go to the range
    So Nassau didn't allow you to put them on both ?

    Leave a comment:


  • rlitman
    replied
    Originally posted by dr. wesson View Post

    I see...so am I understanding this correctly - for example someone lives with siblings who already have their permits, so he/she plays by the rules and goes through the trouble to also receive a pistol permit, and wants to drive out and take a pistol training class but can't afford to spend $500 on a pistol yet when they already have one in the family, brother/sister has to come be with them the whole time?!
    The license isn't cheap. Many pistols can be had for much less.

    Leave a comment:


  • vmtcmt
    replied
    Originally posted by dr. wesson View Post

    I see...so am I understanding this correctly - for example someone lives with siblings who already have their permits, so he/she plays by the rules and goes through the trouble to also receive a pistol permit, and wants to drive out and take a pistol training class but can't afford to spend $500 on a pistol yet when they already have one in the family, brother/sister has to come be with them the whole time?!
    Correct. Welcome to Nassau County.

    Leave a comment:


  • dr. wesson
    replied
    Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
    There is no dual licensing of individual handguns. If you want to shoot somebody else’s handguns, they have to be present. Period.
    I see...so am I understanding this correctly - for example someone lives with siblings who already have their permits, so he/she plays by the rules and goes through the trouble to also receive a pistol permit, and wants to drive out and take a pistol training class but can't afford to spend $500 on a pistol yet when they already have one in the family, brother/sister has to come be with them the whole time?!

    Leave a comment:


  • vmtcmt
    replied
    There is no dual licensing of individual handguns. If you want to shoot somebody else’s handguns, they have to be present. Period.

    Leave a comment:


  • dr. wesson
    replied
    Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

    I did not ask about that. But I do not think Nassau allows that. I know some upstate counties permit that. If that was the case I would put the whole collection on both licenses
    Sorry to revive this in 2020 - anybody know if Nassau allows siblings or parent/child to have a pistol on both of their permits? Otherwise, how else can someone with a pistol permit use their brother/sister's pistol without also dragging along said sibling every time he wants to go to the range?
    Thanks everybody.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X