Pistol License Application Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistol License Application Question

When applying for a Pistol license in Nassau County do you need to disclose if you were a party to an action in Landlord-Tenant court?

I don't think civil litigation is of concern to the pistol license department unless of course your landlord-tenant action involved an arrest, appearance ticket or restraining order. Generally speaking, you want to err on the side of over-disclosure because if you omit anything and they find it, they will almost definitely deny you. Having said all that, my advice to you is to call them and explain your circumstances and they will tell you what to do.

Comment

that would come up if the county included credit bureau checks in its background but as HyFive says, unless the LEOs got involved, it won't

Comment

Thank you both. Is a Spouse also included in their investigation?

Comment

When I got my license in Nassau, I had to include a notarized letter from my wife stating that she was OK with me having a gun in the house. Not sure if things have changed.

It is all spelled out in the rules that come with the application. Just do exactly what is says and you won’t have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
            When I got my license in Nassau, I had to include a notarized letter from my wife stating that she was OK with me having a gun in the house. Not sure if things have changed.

It is all spelled out in the rules that come with the application. Just do exactly what is says and you won’t have a problem.
            This. FYI, if you are currently a tenant, you will need a letter from your landlord.

Comment

Originally posted by rlitman View Post

This. FYI, if you are currently a tenant, you will need a letter from your landlord.
              picard-facepalm.jpg
              I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
              I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
                I didn’t have to do that. How long ago did you get your permit ?

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

I didn’t have to do that. How long ago did you get your permit ?
                  Five or six years ago.

Comment

Requirement for the letter from spouse or landlord has been going on for a while now, but don't know exactly when it actually went into effect.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                      Requirement for the letter from spouse or landlord has been going on for a while now, but don't know exactly when it actually went into effect.
                      Surprised they don't want one from your employer.

(Oooops! Never mind I said that. )

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

15 years ago they called and asked to speak to my wife to see if she was OK with my getting a pistol license. None of my references were contacted, nor was my employer. License a week after the call.

Comment

Wife, job, references were never contacted for mine.

If the action was an eviction or if there was ever an OP or TOP it would be in your best interests to disclose it. Failing to disclose an OP would likely get you denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
                            Thank you both. Is a Spouse also included in their investigation?
                            To a degree, all members of your household are subject of their investigation. Look at the reasons for disqualification in the handbook.

I suspect that their searches of digital records behave like any internet search - based on key words like last name, address, etc.

If Mr. Dawn or Ms. Dawn was involved in a reported event, be prepared to talk about it.

Get in front of it. Don't hope that it will not be discovered.
                            Last edited by incognito; 07-16-2019, 04:08 PM.
                            ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
                            Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

Freedom_Lost.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X