X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping for Bathroom/ Refreshments

With a Target/Hunting license, you are authorized to stop as follows:

Licensees are authorized to stop only for fuel, nonalcoholic refreshments
    and/or a meal on the way to and from their lawful target shooting location or
    hunting area. Licensees are authorized to do this only during the period
    between leaving their residence and arriving at the lawful shooting/hunting
    destination or during the return trip. A licensee is not authorized to take his
    or her firearm to any establishment used primarily for alcohol consumption.
    A licensee is not authorized to conduct any other non-target shooting or
    hunting activity while in possession of his or her firearm. In the event a
    licensee does break for fuel, a refreshment or a meal, he or she is responsible
    for the concealment and safeguarding of the firearm

You are prohibited from leaving firearms in your motor vehicle:

A pistol licensee shall not leave a firearm in a motor vehicle, even
    temporarily, or any other place where an unauthorized person might have
    access

Presumably, if you are alone and need to use the facilities, you must take all the handguns in your trunk with you to the bathroom!

If you are with a friend , and he/she is does not have a handgun permit, leaving him/her alone with the handguns could mean trouble for both of you, but presumably less so if you take the lockbox key with you the toilet.

Just some random scenarios as an exercise in thinking too much!
    Last edited by RVA; 12-28-2019, 08:55 AM.

It all depends on which bathroom you use..Yesterday I was in a store and saw 3 bathrooms labeled men..women or take ur pick..... we need a fourth bathroom labeled Gun owners..
    Last edited by Ransom; 12-28-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Reading too much into it

Comment

Concealed means concealed...I've been carrying concealed for 10+ years now (every day, everywhere) and have never been questioned.

Comment

Stopping for a bathroom break with a firearm, Depends. 159845.JPG

Comment

LMAO

Comment

Depends, now with an easy concealment pouch!

Comment

It’s gun unfriendly NY, always air on the side of extreme caution. If you’re by yourself and need to make a deposit in the “American Standard Bank”, take the pistol(s) with you. And, again, the fact that it’s NY.....never leave a pistol(s) alone, even for a second, with somebody not in possession of a pistol license or LE ID.

Comment

At my SC PLB interview, the IO went through the basic rules about the license, and SPECIFICALLY stated; "To and From the Range, means TO AND FROM THE RANGE." I then sheepishly mentioned what it says in THEIR OWN rule book about stopping for food on page 68. He smirked at me and then proceeded to tell me a story about an incident, where a guy stopped at a big box store on the way home from the range to pick up something he needed for a project at home. (HD Lowes?) Somehow someone noticed he was carrying, managed to get his plate number and called 911. By the time he got home the police where there.

Most likely no charges but I'm sure that the license was suspended? I didn't bother to ask I just wanted to get it over with, out of there and to have my license.

You can take what you want out of that tale I guess. For me it was the IO hinting; "You're not wrong....I know what it says....but then there is reality. How much $$$$$ do you have to spend to fix everything here in NY?" Point taken. Eat at your own risk. There is always the drive through.
                  Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                  Nick Charles: No.
                  Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                  Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                  -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post
                    At my SC PLB interview, the IO went through the basic rules about the license, and SPECIFICALLY stated; "To and From the Range, means TO AND FROM THE RANGE." I then sheepishly mentioned what it says in THEIR OWN rule book about stopping for food on page 68. He smirked at me and then proceeded to tell me a story about an incident, where a guy stopped at a big box store on the way home from the range to pick up something he needed for a project at home. (HD Lowes?) Somehow someone noticed he was carrying, managed to get his plate number and called 911. By the time he got home the police where there.

Most likely no charges but I'm sure that the license was suspended? I didn't bother to ask I just wanted to get it over with, out of there and to have my license.

You can take what you want out of that tale I guess. For me it was the IO hinting; "You're not wrong....I know what it says....but then there is reality. How much $$$$$ do you have to spend to fix everything here in NY?" Point taken. Eat at your own risk. There is always the drive through.
                    Ok, first it's a NYS pistol licence so it's NOT a crime to carry. They can't charge you with a crime that you didn't commit. If you are carring out of class they can suspend or take your licence. No crime, no charges.

Comment

Working...
                    X