Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig
    replied
    My PA license is up for renewal. Don't know when I'll make the drive to Centre county with all the shit going on right now. Figure I'll call them.

Leave a comment:

• TheMongoose
    replied
    Are they closed entirely or still working?

Leave a comment:

• bigbore44
    replied
    Online renewal has typically been fast, and in person not far off, but you are having to go there instead.

Leave a comment:

• JLVPS
    replied
    Nassau; Renewed online, right before Coronageddon. It was surprisingly fast, few days.

Leave a comment:

• Mega2899
    replied
    Originally posted by Harmonic View Post

Great, thank you!
    I thought we got ours at the same time? Damn I gotta check mine .

Leave a comment:

• bigbore44
    replied

Great, thank you!
    HQ is not processing any new applicants, but still going to be processing all renewals.

PS - you're still good for a 30day grace period upon expiration.

Leave a comment:

• Harmonic
    replied
    Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post

Yes. There is a PIN code in the package you'll need to renew online.
    Great, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• vmtcmt
    replied
    My license expires in May. Is it true that you have to wait to be contacted by mail before renewing online?
    Yes. There is a PIN code in the package you'll need to renew online.

Leave a comment:

• Harmonic
    replied
    My license expires in May. Is it true that you have to wait to be contacted by mail before renewing online?

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied
    I hand carried my last one in to Suffolk. Painless, was mailed back to me within about 2 weeks.

Now if they would only move into the 20th century and accept credit cards at PLB.
    Last edited by Huntington Guy; 01-27-2020, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vmtcmt
    replied
    IIRC, you have to wait to get your package from NCPLS. I believe it contains a PIN for you to renew online.

Leave a comment:

• bberetta1
    replied
    Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
    I renewed online (Nassau). It went very quickly. Why put it off?
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied
    I renewed online (Nassau). It went very quickly. Why put it off?

Leave a comment:

• rlitman
    replied
    4 years ago, I got my renewal paperwork in the mail about 30 days before it was due. I renewed online, and got my plastic (for the first time) card in about 2 weeks. It was actually easier than the DMV (I think I just threw up a little).

The previous time I was there was when they lost a serial number off my paper card. That sucked!

Leave a comment:

• vmtcmt
    replied
    I don't remember how far in advance you can start, but I believe you have to wait to get notified by mail before you do.

Having said that, get your ducks in a row ASAP. The NCPLS actually called me asking if I had moved, because my renewal paperwork got bounced back to them. Must have been an Anti in the USPS, because she read my address back perfectly correct. So, I finally get my paperwork (couldn't renew online, because the system was "down" for a good period of time over this past summer) and I go in person because stupid me is honest about some meds I had taken for an injury and minor surgery I had since my last renewal. I end up going into the grace period, and had to physically go to three of the doctors offices to get them to write a note saying what I took the meds for, for how long, and if I was still taking them. My luck, my ENT went on vacation. Let's just say I cut it close. At least all my guns were listed this time, not like my last renewal.

My wife did not have her license at the time, and I was informed by a local FFL that they couldn't be transferred to someone in the same household anyway.

https://www.pdcn.org/DocumentCenter/View/115

https://pistol.pdcn.org/home.aspx?Re...2frenewal.aspx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X