Nassau Pistol section - current status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Synner View Post

And that’s why my friends are hoping they are written somewhere.
    Just call them. They will be more than happy to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post

I heard a rumor today that the NCPD PLB may have stated that they have had no complaints about not processing licenses and purchases so there is no urgency in handling paperwork for us mere “subjects of the realm”. I may have paraphrased just a little at the end there.
      I believe a robust letter writing campaign to the NCPD Commissioner via the Supervisor at the Nassau County PLB, is in order, indicating that this is approaching or has possibly already surpassed a violation of our second amendment rights. We have basically had our protected civil right to purchase a firearm administratively blocked.
      Perhaps if the PLB cannot process the purchase documents or the licenses due to manpower shortage from the Wuhan virus, the requirement for the process itself should be curtailed and purchases allowed to proceed with a NICS check only like most of the nation does.

IMHO

Of course no one is complaining - who wants to take that risk. This is the same thing that all the SJW complain about when it comes to “power”.

Its unfortunate that the good ppl at PBL have been put in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
        Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Do you know ANY of the people that work there for you to say such moronic things about them?

I'm going to bet that almost every officer there has given selflessly, more to our community in one day than you have in your whole, watch-from-the-bleachers life.

first of all it was a joke.

and I happen to be pro cop. check out all my posts . I have never been against the police

But personally my experience has been that they act like they are doing us a favor whenever we walk in there. and that is the cops the civilians that work there happen to be very nice.

as far as not knowing me and attacking me by saying they have given themselves selflessly and I have not is just a attack on me.

so take it easy dan. no need to act like a asshole
        I was responding to an asshole comment by you. IF you are now saying it was a joke...but still adding a complaint about the cops' behavior toward you - I don't believe you.

"you are asking a lot of the ncpd in my opinion. these are hard working individuals. sometimes the have to get out of there seat 4-5 times a day. they do not have a person bringing in there coffee they have to get up and get it themselves, sometimes there is a line by the coffee machine as well. they occasionally have to make a phone call and a few of them are business not personal.
        I once saw one of them bend down and pick something up as well. lets all be bit more understanding shall we. the second amendment after all is just a suggestion
        and these people are essential employees!"

I just re-read it (above) and it certainly doesn't sound like a joke. It sounds like a real whine, or complaint about their job performance (shrouded by you exaggerating it a bit). But, if it somehow was only a joke - take away the part in my post that says, "watch-from-the-bleachers" and leave the rest. "I'm going to bet that almost every officer there has given selflessly, more to our community in one day than you have in your whole life."

If you post an opinion, expect some not to agree.

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

I was responding to an asshole comment by you. IF you are now saying it was a joke...but still adding a complaint about the cops' behavior toward you - I don't believe you.

"you are asking a lot of the ncpd in my opinion. these are hard working individuals. sometimes the have to get out of there seat 4-5 times a day. they do not have a person bringing in there coffee they have to get up and get it themselves, sometimes there is a line by the coffee machine as well. they occasionally have to make a phone call and a few of them are business not personal.
          I once saw one of them bend down and pick something up as well. lets all be bit more understanding shall we. the second amendment after all is just a suggestion
          and these people are essential employees!"

I just re-read it (above) and it certainly doesn't sound like a joke. It sounds like a real whine, or complaint about their job performance (shrouded by you exaggerating it a bit). But, if it somehow was only a joke - take away the part in my post that says, "watch-from-the-bleachers" and leave the rest. "I'm going to bet that almost every officer there has given selflessly, more to our community in one day than you have in your whole life."

If you post an opinion, expect some not to agree.

thanks for all you do with Freeport range. leaving it at that.
          let's make america great again

Comment

thanks for all you do with Freeport range. leaving it at that.
            You ignorantly took a cheap shot with your keyboard at people in a small unit - where I happen to know some of the people there and call a couple, 'good friends'.

I would hope you would defend your friends against such a silly, targeted attack. People here take shots at the whole pistol license process vs. the 2A almost every day - and I 100% agree with most. But you didn't do that. You spoke of people you don't know and their work ethic.

'Leaving it at that'.

P.S. I don't know your 'post history', nor do I know you from the range. I literally meet numerous people at the range every week and have no clue if they're members here or what their screen name is, but thanks.

Comment

You ignorantly took a cheap shot with your keyboard at people in a small unit - where I happen to know some of the people there and call a couple, 'good friends'.

I would hope you would defend your friends against such a silly, targeted attack. People here take shots at the whole pistol license process vs. the 2A almost every day - and I 100% agree with most. But you didn't do that. You spoke of people you don't know and their work ethic.

'Leaving it at that'.

P.S. I don't know your 'post history', nor do I know you from the range. I literally meet numerous people at the range every week and have no clue if they're members here or what their screen name is, but thanks.
              I'm not looking to attack your friends, but I stand by my post vouching for the cheap shot at the pistol licensing unit, which reflects my personal experiences as-of the last time I was there. Most likely, none of the people I've ever encountered are still working there (and I am well aware that there has been a badly needed change of management since my last visit LONG ago), but the whole bunch I've dealt with were (pick a minimum of three from this list for each individual):
              rude
              arrogant
              incompetent
              lazy
              dismissive

Again, this is all based on my last impressions, which again, I sincerely hope do not reflect the current situation, but I have nothing else to go by. Still every single experience I've had at NCPLB was worse than the worst experiences I've had at NYS DMV, the Post Office, or even Sears. So at this point, I've got a really hard time standing up for them.

Comment

'Leaving it at that'.

it was not ignorant I have been there over 40 times in the last 2 years. I happen to see how they treat civilians . I absolutely would defend my friends if what was being said was untrue .

I do not know you or care to know you.i think you are a pompous ass, I just happen to hear you do a lot for a range I belong to. I did not want to start a argument but it seems you do. frankly your friends act like assholes to civilians . that is fact not opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by rlitman View Post

I'm not looking to attack your friends, but I stand by my post vouching for the cheap shot at the pistol licensing unit, which reflects my personal experiences as-of the last time I was there. Most likely, none of the people I've ever encountered are still working there (and I am well aware that there has been a badly needed change of management since my last visit LONG ago), but the whole bunch I've dealt with were (pick a minimum of three from this list for each individual):
                  rude
                  arrogant
                  incompetent
                  lazy
                  dismissive

Again, this is all based on my last impressions, which again, I sincerely hope do not reflect the current situation, but I have nothing else to go by. Still every single experience I've had at NCPLB was worse than the worst experiences I've had at NYS DMV, the Post Office, or even Sears. So at this point, I've got a really hard time standing up for them.
                  I don't remember your post, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Your impressions that each person at PLS from a long time ago - were at least three of those things to you - sucks. I would imagine that to have such a strong opinion you must have been there quite often and have many dozens of handguns.
                  But I didn't know people well that used to work there (except one), so not really appropriate to my reply to the other member. I know people that work there now. The few that I know there now were great street officers and friends, and didn't fit the description that other member labelled them as. That's why I took exception.

I've also heard from the other side of the counter over the years. And just like gun store employees and range officers - it's hard to keep a smile when you're dealing with people all day, and a certain percentage are morons. I grew up on ranges. I spend more time on gun ranges than 95% of gun people I know. I've seen the morons. I have hours of video of morons and 100's of still images of morons and the damage they intentionally and unintentionally cause with firearms. Someone with a different, less rosy disposition than I have might eventually be somewhat of a dick while dealing with them.

Comment

it was not ignorant I have been there over 40 times in the last 2 years. I happen to see how they treat civilians . I absolutely would defend my friends if what was being said was untrue .

I do not know you or care to know you.i think you are a pompous ass, I just happen to hear you do a lot for a range I belong to. I did not want to start a argument but it seems you do. frankly your friends act like assholes to civilians . that is fact not opinion.
                    So much for "Leaving it at that".

I really don't care what you think of me - you're nobody. You sniped at my friends with your keyboard and I argued that you were wrong in your assessment. Then you lied for all to see and said it was a joke.

Just maybe you are an asshole and were treated like an asshole. This suddenly seems quite likely.

Comment

So much for "Leaving it at that".

I really don't care what you think of me - you're nobody. You sniped at my friends with your keyboard and I argued that you were wrong in your assessment. Then you lied for all to see and said it was a joke.

Just maybe you are an asshole and were treated like an asshole. This suddenly seems quite likely.
                      seems to me you like arguing with people so you can feel like somebody important. go for it enjoy

Comment

seems to me you like arguing with people so you can feel like somebody important. go for it enjoy
                        Yeah, is that your assessment? I like arguing with....you.....to feel important?

In what world does that make any sense?

Comment

I don't remember your post, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Your impressions that each person at PLS from a long time ago - were at least three of those things to you - sucks. I would imagine that to have such a strong opinion you must have been there quite often and have many dozens of handguns.
                          But I didn't know people well that used to work there (except one), so not really appropriate to my reply to the other member. I know people that work there now. The few that I know there now were great street officers and friends, and didn't fit the description that other member labelled them as. That's why I took exception.

I've also heard from the other side of the counter over the years. And just like gun store employees and range officers - it's hard to keep a smile when you're dealing with people all day, and a certain percentage are morons. I grew up on ranges. I spend more time on gun ranges than 95% of gun people I know. I've seen the morons. I have hours of video of morons and 100's of still images of morons and the damage they intentionally and unintentionally cause with firearms. Someone with a different, less rosy disposition than I have might eventually be somewhat of a dick while dealing with them.
                          My post wasn't all that memorable. No worries. I've dealt with around five officers over the counter, a handful of civilians, plus my investigating officer (who I never even met face to face, and who felt that a 2 minute phone conversation was sufficient for my "interview"). I haven't bought or sold anything in almost 20 years, and my last renewal was online. The 2005 horror show that was my change of address was the subject of a long post on the other site, but was a sufficient example of each of the attributes I cited above to scar me for life on the place, with at least four different officers completely dropping the ball, each in their own ways.

I work in IT. I know all about dealing with morons. As George Carlin said, "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." In the general case, my own experience in seeing poor employee morale and conduct is to plant the blame squarely where it belongs. On management. Not on "customers", and not on the front-line employees who deal with idiot customers. So, if I'm finding fault with anyone, it would be with someone whom I know is long gone (Sal). I'd love to know that the culture of the place really has changed. And from what I've seen and heard, I'm all for believing that. But for my part, I'll still do whatever it takes to avoid it anyway.

I must be missing something, because I certainly did not get that impression.

Comment

Working...
                          X