No announcement yet.

NC pistol application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in Suffolk do I go to get interviewed for my voting license?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
      Where in Suffolk do I go to get interviewed for my voting license?

Paul
      Free with your non-legal-immigrant I.D. card.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

First rule of thumb is to make sure you disclose EVERYTHING that could be used against you. If it's recorded somewhere, they will find it and if you don't disclose it, it gives them a basis for denial. Second, any question on the application that you say "yes" to or anything in your driving abstract that is sketchy should be accompanied by a notarized letter of explanation. It is better to give the investigating officer your version of the facts first rather than let him/her draw their own conclusions. They may still question it, but giving them an explanation to digest is better than them sitting there shaking their head on what they're going to do with your application next. It is ok to admit you made a mistake and learned from it. I've helped quite a few friends when applying for their permits. I've attached below a template for those statements that I created for them.

[ATTACH]n569510[/ATTACH]
        Thank you I disclosed everything honestly just these couple of suspensions for a ridiculous summons that for some reason I decided not to pay which is why it was suspended from over ten years ago from being a kid, I will do as you said with a notarized letter. Because of my job I do have to have security clearances/background checks to work in certain federal and state facilities So there is no criminal background or arrests on my record.
        thanks again.
        Last edited by AnthonyCas914; 07-28-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyCas914 View Post

Thank you I disclosed everything honestly just these couple of suspensions for a ridiculous summons that for some reason I decided not to pay which is why it was suspended from over ten years ago from being a kid, I will do as you said with a notarized letter. Because of my job I do have to have security clearances/background checks to work in certain federal and state facilities So there is no criminal background or arrests on my record.
          thanks again.
          As long you disclose the suspension, since it will be obvious on your DMV abstract and provide a letter describing the circumstances around it and how it was resolved, you should be fine. They realize people make mistakes; what they're really looking for is for you to be truthful about them and have learned your lesson. That goes to the "moral character" aspect of their evaluation. If you had 10 suspensions like Hulk's buddy, that could be problematic.

On a related topic, I was down at NCPD last week and was told that current fingerprint appointments are now running into March 2021; add another 6 months to that, and you're looking at September 2021 at the earliest. Their current application volume is several times their normal volume due to the current climate and will only get worse the closer we get to November. So for you and anyone else reading this considering applying; DO IT ASAP!!

Comment

Working...
          X