Nassau application need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nassau application need help

I'm still deciding if i'm going submit the application or not, so i'm just basically fill out the paper for now. I have question that when it come with first page of PDCN form 490 asking
    "List all handguns you own or are in your possession"
    is this mean include my rifle?

Right after this, it is asking " have you ever been arrested summoned charged, indicted, or received an appearance ticket anywhere for any offense other then parking violation.
    I list the most recent that i know, what happen to the ticket i have way long time ago i can't even remember the date/year. All i remember is i got speeding ticket what and how can i list on it? or what should i do for those i don't have any record. My abstract is clean due to those are like more then 10 years or 20 years ago.

page 2 line 15, if you have been layoff/fired from your job before, that mean YES to the question?

last one is
    My cousin's wife or sister in-law's brother/wife still count relatives as for character reference? ( i hate this question, most my friend are not in Nassau or move out already )

Appreciate if anyone can answer it, last question may be the bottleneck for me to submit application

Handguns do not include rifles or shotguns.

You will need the "disposition" of any ticket you have received other than traffic tickets, plus, of course, any arrests.

I'm not in Nassau, but if the question is whether you were fired, dismissed, forced to resign, etc., laid off does not count.

If there is no shared blood with you or your wife, use them. They are not your family. Also consider your barber, mechanic, contractor, and co-workers as long as they have known you for a while and seem to be conservatives/republicans/Trump supporters.

Comment

Nope! Handguns = pistols, revolvers
      Rifles do not require a permit/license. Those and shotguns are long arms. Not what they're asking about.
      This is why....

....if you have any handguns in your possession in Nassau County but do NOT yet have a permit to own them here you have a problem.
      But....if you have them legally upstate NY or in another state that's a different situation. Then the definition of "in your possession" comes into play.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I answered yes to the hand gun question and got a curious look. I owned the handgun but it was out of state at my Mom's house. That's when the Whiteout appeared. We had to Whiteout my whole application.
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
          I answered yes to the hand gun question and got a curious look. I owned the handgun but it was out of state at my Mom's house. That's when the Whiteout appeared. We had to Whiteout my whole application.
          This is not an affront to police, but almost every question they ask about anything can be answered in different ways, and they only want one of two.

Comment

Oh boy Character is the hardest, my friend already move to out of Nassau and i can't used them, co-work that i know or formal co-work they don't live in Nassau. 99.99% my rest of friends they
            not Nassau resident. only have 1 in-law's relative that is not blood or count as relative i can use. try not to have my next door neighbor, he will be the last option if i have too.

Maybe i should just F...king move to PA.

You will need the "disposition" of any ticket you have received other than traffic tickets, plus, of course, any arrests.

I'm not in Nassau, but if the question is whether you were fired, dismissed, forced to resign, etc., laid off does not count.

If there is no shared blood with you or your wife, use them. They are not your family. Also consider your barber, mechanic, contractor, and co-workers as long as they have known you for a while and seem to be conservatives/republicans/Trump supporters.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by calvinwch View Post
              Oh boy Character is the hardest, my friend already move to out of Nassau and i can't used them, co-work that i know or formal co-work they don't live in Nassau. 99.99% my rest of friends they
              not Nassau resident. only have 1 in-law's relative that is not blood or count as relative i can use. try not to have my next door neighbor, he will be the last option if i have too.

Maybe i should just F...king move to PA.

If there is no shared blood with you or your wife, use them. They are not your family. Also consider your barber, mechanic, contractor, and co-workers as long as they have known you for a while and seem to be conservatives/republicans/Trump supporters.

Come to the meet up Wed and meet a lot of new friends.
              Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

• Otingocni
                Otingocni commented
                Editing a comment
                We need a Nassau meetup with Nassau friends!

• NG9588
                NG9588 commented
                Editing a comment
                Otingocni, you are confusing the monthly meetup (which is at Mitchell field in Nassau) with the range night at south shore.

Mitchel Field used to be in Nassau unless I missed the big moving sale. Lol

Comment

Thanks guys for keeping me straight. NG9588, yeah I got the meetups confused.
                This is the last time I try paying attention in class(work training) and surfing LIGC at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Otingocni View Post
                  Thanks guys for keeping me straight. NG9588, yeah I got the meetups confused.
                  This is the last time I try paying attention in class(work training) and surfing LIGC at the same time.
                  Are you training from home? I’m in the same boat right now. It would be an insane coincidence if we were in the same thing.

Comment

• Otingocni
                    Otingocni commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wish it was from home. I had to go in for it. Annual end of year corporate compliance stuff.

Where/when is the meet up?

Originally posted by Paté View Post

Come to the meet up Wed and meet a lot of new friends.

Comment

Where/when is the meet up?

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...-up#post582038

Comment

that is the shooting range in Uniondale?

Comment

that is the shooting range in Uniondale?

Correct.

Comment

Working...
                        X