Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ncpd license renewal questios..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ncpd license renewal questios..

    A friend is up for their first renewal. Gonna probably dot it online...back in March had the rona pretty bad. Was prescribed a form of Lexapro due to post Rona anxiety and nervousness. Obviously this has to be disclosed. I'm wondering how this will play a part in their renewal.
    Last edited by Anthonyr; 10-04-2020, 09:01 AM.

    #2
    As long as he is no longer taking the prescription, and it was a one time deal, it shouldn’t be a problem. If he is currently being prescribed the meds, and is actively taking it, it could be an issue. He may need a doctor to sign off on it. Who the hell knows.

    Disclosing medication is a topic that has been debated on here many times before. I believe it says all prescription medication. Do you think everyone lists all of the antibiotics they have taken in the last five years?

    With the new ISTOP prescription database, many people believe that the PLB has access to it. Others believe they don’t and it’s a violation of HIPA.

    That said, I think that disclosing it is the correct thing to do. If he has any issues, he may need to contact an attorney.

    Comment


      #3
      Disclose it. They can't deny you for prescription drug use, opioid or otherwise. Owning a handgun is a civil right.
      Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

      Comment


        #4
        My renewal was held up two weeks ago because I admitted to one oxy prescription following surgery four yers ago. I had included a detailed notarized explanation with my renewal paperwork. It was resolved with a simple phone call. They are interested in medications you are currently taking. They need a notarized waiver to investigate your healthcare further.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Pat M View Post
          My renewal was held up two weeks ago because I admitted to one oxy prescription following surgery four yers ago. I had included a detailed notarized explanation with my renewal paperwork. It was resolved with a simple phone call. They are interested in medications you are currently taking. They need a notarized waiver to investigate your healthcare further.
          This is the answer you're looking for! Thanks to the Federal Gubmint, your healthcare issues are private!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Pat M View Post
            My renewal was held up two weeks ago because I admitted to one oxy prescription following surgery four yers ago. I had included a detailed notarized explanation with my renewal paperwork. It was resolved with a simple phone call. They are interested in medications you are currently taking. They need a notarized waiver to investigate your healthcare further.
            Resolved with a simple phone call to whom? If they are interested in what you are CURRENTLY on, then why ask about the past several years? Appears they are looking for any reason to deny
            Lain
            Chapter Leader - The Well Armed Woman Long Island
            Est. 2015. Educate, Equip, Empower!
            Firearms Instruction and Training For Women

            http://twawshootingchapters.org

            Follow us on FB!http://www.facebook.com/TWAWLongIsland
            IG: @twaw_longisland

            NRA Certified- RSO, Pistol & Rifle Instructor
            Lieutenant/ Paramedic FDNY
            AHA BLS/CPR/First Aid Instructor, Stop The Bleed Instructor
            Flotilla Staff Officer, USCG Aux.

            Comment


              #7
              Receiving an Rx from a doctor does not mean:
              1- the Rx was filled
              2-the patient actually took the medicine

              Recheck the wording of the question on the renewal form.
              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by PeterGunn View Post

                This is the answer you're looking for! Thanks to the Federal Gubmint, your healthcare issues are private!
                They're not private, since you are required by local law to waive that privacy for NCPD's purposes.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by rlitman View Post

                  They're not private, since you are required by local law to waive that privacy for NCPD's purposes.
                  I believe that only applies to mental health records (or lack there of) not all health records. You do still have some protections.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by RetLtMedic View Post

                    Resolved with a simple phone call to whom? If they are interested in what you are CURRENTLY on, then why ask about the past several years? Appears they are looking for any reason to deny
                    I called and spoke to the woman who wrote me the letter. She said she remembered my renewal application, made a mistake, said to disregard the letter, and would mail my license that day (which she did).

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X