Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCPD Permit handbook update 4/2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    NCPD Permit handbook update 4/2021

    Took a look at the handbook recently and apparently they updated it in April! Crazy there is no way to know when they make changes.
    I compared it side by side using draftable - only changes I see are as follows:

    1) An Armored Car Guard License is subject to the following provisions:
    i. Valid anywhere in New York State. The license is valid during the course of their employment while transporting money or other valuables in, to or from armored vehicles.

    2) Any incident involving a licensee where there is police response, whether it involves the licensee or any other resident or guest in or at their home or place of business. This includes police response to any location that is non-domestic whereby a licensee is the subject, witness or third party involved. (Context: A licensee is required to report to the NCPD Pistol License Section within three (3) business days, unless otherwise specifically noted in this Handbook, his or her involvement in any of the following instances)

    3) The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.] See ATF Form 4473 revised May 2020

    I can't wait for SCOTUS to rule in favor of shall-issue unrestricted permits not dumbed down by the ridiculous and unconstitutional "proper cause" scheme.

    #2
    Originally posted by dr. wesson View Post
    Took a look at the handbook recently and apparently they updated it in April! Crazy there is no way to know when they make changes.
    I compared it side by side using draftable - only changes I see are as follows:

    1) An Armored Car Guard License is subject to the following provisions:
    i. Valid anywhere in New York State. The license is valid during the course of their employment while transporting money or other valuables in, to or from armored vehicles.

    2) Any incident involving a licensee where there is police response, whether it involves the licensee or any other resident or guest in or at their home or place of business. This includes police response to any location that is non-domestic whereby a licensee is the subject, witness or third party involved. (Context: A licensee is required to report to the NCPD Pistol License Section within three (3) business days, unless otherwise specifically noted in this Handbook, his or her involvement in any of the following instances)

    3) The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.] See ATF Form 4473 revised May 2020

    I can't wait for SCOTUS to rule in favor of shall-issue unrestricted permits not dumbed down by the ridiculous and unconstitutional "proper cause" scheme.
    Pretty sure the first one has always been the case. In SCPD your pistol license is "upgraded" to FULL CARRY (with the conditions stated above in point 1; having a valid NYS Armored Car Guard security license AND being currently employed by a company which provided that service)

    Same for second point in SCPD - they have "required" you to give them a "heads up" on any police involved activity that a pistol license holder may be involved in (except traffic infractions/ violations)

    "I can't wait for SCOTUS to rule in favor of shall-issue unrestricted permits not dumbed down by the ridiculous and unconstitutional "proper cause" scheme."

    Wishful thinking - even with such a ruling, this state will find ways to circumvent that and fuck all the peons back into substitution

    Comment


      #3
      These constant changes are become ridiculous. I bet the majority of license holders have no idea of all these changes through the years. These changes are just becoming more a way for Nassau to revoke your license, without you even doing anything wrong, or knowing you did something wrong:
      This includes police response to any location that is non-domestic whereby a licensee is the subject, witness or third party involved
      Really? So if I'm a witness to a crime, and give the police information about such crime, I have to call the license section and report it? And of course, failure to do so could be terms for suspension of my license. This is really becoming over reach on their part.
      I see nothing.

      DisloyalUnlinedBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif
      Last edited by Postal Bob; 05-24-2021, 08:20 AM.
      Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
      Certified NROI RSO

      Member Freeport R&R

      Comment


        #4
        The Sullivan Act has to go.

        Paul

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
          The Sullivan Act has to go.

          Paul
          Unfortunately this will probably NEVER be the case in this sinkhole called NewYorkiStan

          Nassau county is becoming more and more and extension of NYC in every way you can think of

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by dr. wesson View Post
            Took a look at the handbook recently and apparently they updated it in April! Crazy there is no way to know when they make changes.
            I compared it side by side using draftable - only changes I see are as follows:
            At the very least they should summarize the specific changes right off the bat so we don't have to figure it out. Credit cards do it on each statement when any terms change, so should they. But this is NY, the only gun laws they know how to enact are the grey fuzzy ones with a vague 3rd grade writing level completely open to interpretation.

            Comment


              #7
              So, if your kid has a medical emergency and you call 911 and there is a police response in addition to the EMTs, you have to call pistol licensing? Makes sense.

              Comment


                #8
                What if your house alarm goes off and the police respond? You need to notify them?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                  So, if your kid has a medical emergency and you call 911 and there is a police response in addition to the EMTs, you have to call pistol licensing? Makes sense.
                  Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
                  What if your house alarm goes off and the police respond? You need to notify them?
                  Yes, and yes. And if you fail to do so, technically they can use it against you to suspend/revoke your license. That is the ultimate plan. Find backdoor methods to reduce the number of license holders. The person ,Chief, who does the final sign off for your handgun license is an extreme anti-gun zealot.
                  Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                  Certified NROI RSO

                  Member Freeport R&R

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I will spend every goddamn penny my family doesn't need to fight this legally if I had too. As far as I'm concerned they declared legal warfare

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X