Renewal online ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbajuk View Post
    You STILL have to go there in person so there’s no advantage to renewing online. Seems to only cause confusion and stress that something is wrong. What’s the point?
    Why? What happens there in person that wasn't already accomplished online?
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

You STILL have to go there in person so there’s no advantage to renewing online. Seems to only cause confusion and stress that something is wrong. What’s the point?
      I did mine, my son's and my wife's renewal entirely online. Mine and my son's were earlier this year and were fine and we got them in the mail less than 2 weeks later. It was only the last one (my wife's) that I had problems with the online system. I got an email from them this morning that my wife's has already been processed and it will be mailed on Tuesday. So in all three cases, it was done entirely online and without having to go there. I'm not sure why you would have to go there...

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
        Check your credit card on line. Wouldn't put it past them to hit you twice. I have been doing both SWMBO's and my license renewals online since they first offered it. A shame you went through all that only to finally be told it was at their end. I will say its a hell of a lot nicer than having to go there, even if your photo gets stretched to look like something from "The Outer Limits."
        Any good CC worth it's salt, will catch the attempt to double charge an acct for the exact same amount too soon, and lock the account, and send you notification to call their fraud department. And for what it's worth, Capital One operates exactly like that. Not to mention that you have zero liability on the false charge to begin with. And you should scrutinize your Cc statement every month no matter what.

Comment

I’m sorry. In SUFFOLK you must visit plb for ANOTHER digital photo for new license. If you bring initial renewal paperwork in person, the picture is taken then and mailed pending renewal approval. A paper receipt is given at that time as well to extend permit until new one arrives or you are informed that you will not be renewed for whatever reason. It will not be mailed without photo taken at PLB. As you are aware there are time constraints so not receiving either that receipt or your new license before permit expiration puts you in violation. correct me if I’m wrong please. Seems to me renewing online is pretty risky if it’s close to expiration.

Comment

I’m sorry. In SUFFOLK you must visit plb for ANOTHER digital photo for new license. If you bring initial renewal paperwork in person, the picture is taken then and mailed pending renewal approval. A paper receipt is given at that time as well to extend permit until new one arrives or you are informed that you will not be renewed for whatever reason. It will not be mailed without photo taken at PLB. As you are aware there are time constraints so not receiving either that receipt or your new license before permit expiration puts you in violation. correct me if I’m wrong please. Seems to me renewing online is pretty risky if it’s close to expiration.
            We're talking about Nassau and they let you upload your own photo as long as it complies with their requirements.

Comment

• bigbore44
              bigbore44 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe he's confusing Nassau with Suffolk??
          Working...
          X