Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I was upstate sitting on a friend's porch Looking Out of the mountains....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post

I guess progressivism is infiltrating the upstate areas but in general that is/was the case. I know several people who live up that way and they have carry permits as they follow state law which is issue either carry or premesis
    This map is a little out dated ( My County Saratoga now give unrestricted after you pass a 8 hour class since 2015)

NYPermitMap-FINAL.jpg
    Former LI'er (Smithtown) now Saratoga County since 99
    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor/ RSO, Appleseed IIT
    Member of SCOPE
    Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club and Pine Tree Rifle Club

Comment

So, every county requires a basis for proper cause for unrestricted concealed carry, even the green ones?

Everybody needs prior approval to exercise a right.
      No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
      Chris

Comment

According to Heller v DC

Because Heller conceded at oral argument that the D. C. licensing law is permissible if it is not enforced arbitrarily and capriciously, the Court assumes that a license will satisfy his prayer for relief and does not address the licensing requirement. Assuming he is not disqualified from exercising Second Amendment rights, the District must permit Heller to register his handgun and must issue him a license to carry it in the home. Pp. 56–64.

Former LI'er (Smithtown) now Saratoga County since 99
        NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor/ RSO, Appleseed IIT
        Member of SCOPE
        Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club and Pine Tree Rifle Club

Comment

Not all counties require a judge to sign off/add new pistols. Broome is done at the sheriff’s office and is in and out just like NCPD.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by nyctpt View Post
            Not all counties require a judge to sign off/add new pistols. Broome is done at the sheriff’s office and is in and out just like NCPD.

Ryan
            Broome County, NY has an agreement with neighboring Bradford County in PA whereas resident of Bradfod county with a PA CC license, can get a NY non-resident CC which is good for the rest of the state (except NYC of course)
            A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

Comment

Yup. Sitting in my parents house in Broome right now, where everyone has their unrestricted except me and my wife. When they visit my house in Nassau, they can carry but we can’t. You can carry in NYS with a PA CCW from Bradford, but not from Nassau. 14th Amendment my ass. What an awesome state!

Ryan

Comment

A good friend of mine received a full carry in Delaware county in less than 60 days.

When he did not buy a pistol right away the sheriff called him and told him I gave you a permit now go buy a gun.

The next time the sheriff saw him he asked if he was carrying his gun and when he responded no the sheriff admonished him.

Different world.

Comment

Working...
                X