Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

and they screwed themselves with it!
    They get more wins than we do. It’s a shame this state will not recognize our rights over the list of whose they already do, in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      I just read a court case where it doesn't HAVE to be your 'primary' home to have a pistol permit in another county, or even state. It just has to be a 'residence' there, even if only part-time.

I know several people who have upstate partial residences and 'full carry' pistol licenses from there, but live mostly in Nassau County. Some of these guys have literally 100's of handguns in Nassau, and Nassau County Pistol License is not involved in any way.

What address do they have on their Pistol license? Nassau county or their second home? Does it have to match driver's license?

Comment

Originally posted by M_F View Post

What address do they have on their Pistol license? Nassau county or their second home? Does it have to match driver's license?
        I just called one friend to verify for you; his pistol license has the Sullivan County address, and no, it doesn't match his driver's license.
        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

Aside from changing the address on your driver's license and voter registration.... how do you prove which is your primary home?
          You should start with that. If that is not enough, then provide them with your STAR program information. You can only get that refund on your primary residence.

As to having two NYS residences, I don't know about Sullivan County, but my county (Warren) has changed it's policy.
          They advised me that it's the way of things to come. They don't know (or care) when, but it's coming.
          If you want to apply for a partime resident NYS permit, the primary residence must be out of state.
          You have to apply for a permit in your primary NYS County.
          Transferring into the County is easy as requesting the files.

Comment

I figured the Star program would come into this some how.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I just called one friend to verify for you; his pistol license has the Sullivan County address, and no, it doesn't match his driver's license.
              Thank you for finding out, interesting that he did not change his address for pistol license since he still lives part time in Sullivan county. PL 400 requires an amendment address change within 10 days of moving, it looks like it does not apply to him. If he ever moves out of state and sells both homes he might even be able to keep his NYS permit, with an out of state address, at least according to this guy.

http://concealednation.org/2018/06/a...carry-permits/

Comment

Working...
              X