Nassau County License transfering to Sullivan County

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MFStang View Post

Luckily - I have 2 -3 references that I can use without have to think too hard.

Still hearing mixed things from the other boards I posted on. I'm nervous to just walk in NCPD and initiate a transfer because I'm not sure if that starts the clock ticking on losing my Nassau license.
    Just call them and ask. Keep it to "what if's?". I would also revisit the whole deal up in Sullivan, in person.

Comment

Originally posted by MFStang View Post
      Spoke to county pistol clerk - need to change Driver's license and voter registration (essentially declaring it as my primary residence) and then wait 6 months. Then apply brand new to Sullivan (need Sullivan references) they dont take transfers from Nassau County (nor Suffolk, Westchester or NYC - anywhere with an expiration/renewal date).
      It's a transfer of records, you have a state license. I understand not wanting to inflame the mind you'll need to persuade
      Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Been back and forth a few times trying to get the house setup. Havent had time to make it to the clerks office. Hopefully in about 3-4 weeks I'll make the trip there and post back.

Comment

Working...
        X