Nassau County License transfering to Sullivan County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MFStang View Post

Luckily - I have 2 -3 references that I can use without have to think too hard.

Still hearing mixed things from the other boards I posted on. I'm nervous to just walk in NCPD and initiate a transfer because I'm not sure if that starts the clock ticking on losing my Nassau license.
    Just call them and ask. Keep it to "what if's?". I would also revisit the whole deal up in Sullivan, in person.

Comment

Spoke to county pistol clerk - need to change Driver's license and voter registration (essentially declaring it as my primary residence) and then wait 6 months. Then apply brand new to Sullivan (need Sullivan references) they dont take transfers from Nassau County (nor Suffolk, Westchester or NYC - anywhere with an expiration/renewal date).
      It's a transfer of records, you have a state license. I understand not wanting to inflame the mind you'll need to persuade
      Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Been back and forth a few times trying to get the house setup. Havent had time to make it to the clerks office. Hopefully in about 3-4 weeks I'll make the trip there and post back.

Comment

Update - I called the county pistol clerks office twice spoke to 2 different clerks asking if I can just transfer my Nassau up to Sullivan and I was told no. I was told that sine Nassau is a 5 year re-certification County they will not accept the transfer. So back in August I finally got my stuff together and submitted a new application.

Just this past Monday April 27, 2020, 8 months after submitting my application I had my Skype interview with the Judge. Part of the delay was that one of the Judges retired in October and it took a few months to get the new Judge up to speed.

The judge asks me why wasnt this a transfer and I repeat to him what the clerks told me and he said that is just wrong. This should have been a transfer and completed months ago. He then approved the unrestricted license. Now I have to wait for the clerks office to process it which will take time because of Corona.

Crazy

Comment

Update - I called the county pistol clerks office twice spoke to 2 different clerks asking if I can just transfer my Nassau up to Sullivan and I was told no. I was told that sine Nassau is a 5 year re-certification County they will not accept the transfer. So back in August I finally got my stuff together and submitted a new application.

Just this past Monday April 27, 2020, 8 months after submitting my application I had my Skype interview with the Judge. Part of the delay was that one of the Judges retired in October and it took a few months to get the new Judge up to speed.

The judge asks me why wasnt this a transfer and I repeat to him what the clerks told me and he said that is just wrong. This should have been a transfer and completed months ago. He then approved the unrestricted license. Now I have to wait for the clerks office to process it which will take time because of Corona.

Crazy
            When the Nassau license expires and they want you to surrender everything tell them to go pound sand......

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

A friend just went through it, used me as a reference. Has a house in Nassau and a very small place upstate. Got it pretty quickly.
              It's amazing how Nassau and Suffolk won't allow active LEO's as a reference but upstate will. Such bullshit, LI is a half‐step away from being NYC

Comment

True and True to both of your statements

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

It's amazing how Nassau and Suffolk won't allow active LEO's as a reference but upstate will. Such bullshit, LI is a half‐step away from being NYC
                  I'm guessing it's to show there's no favoritism in doling out your rights........
                  "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Interesting. I have been wanting to buy property and put a cabin for years upstate in chenango county. I will have to keep this in mind

Comment

Working...
                    X