NYC Registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYC Registration

Hi all, So I recently found out I am inheriting a few rifles/shotguns from the sale of an old family cabin. I currently hold a NYC Rifle/Shotgun Permit. They guns have always been in an area where registration was not required.

My questions are:

1. How do I go about registering them under my permit? I know which forms are required but what else is needed?

2. If and when I do get them registered, will they count against my "1 rifle every 90 days" rule?

I've searched and search but could not find the answers.
    Thanks in advance to all who can help!

Call the Permit department and speak with them, I found them to be very polite and over all nice, back when I live in NYC. Remember, NYC rules are different from NYS in many instances. You can also call any NYC gun shops and ask them the same question.
    Last edited by Russian; 02-08-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Remember, that NYC has a 5 rd mag limit for many rifles and shotguns. So, before you have them sent to you, make sure they're legal under NYC law.

For example, I know a retired NCPD officer who lives in Queens. He had an 8rd Mossberg pump tactical shotgun when he was on the job. When he retired, he went to register the gun with NYC. They told him it was not legal in NYC because it had an 8rd capacity.
      Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
      Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

1 rifle per 90 days ! Thank God I got out of there

Comment

Do you have a second residence of any sort outside NYC? Leave them there.
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I strongly suggest that you don't keep/register them in NYC. In a few years you will get confiscation letters telling you your guns a no good in NYC. It has happened, and unless you're willing to challenge them in court it's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post
              Remember, that NYC has a 5 rd mag limit for many rifles and shotguns. So, before you have them sent to you, make sure they're legal under NYC law.

For example, I know a retired NCPD officer who lives in Queens. He had an 8rd Mossberg pump tactical shotgun when he was on the job. When he retired, he went to register the gun with NYC. They told him it was not legal in NYC because it had an 8rd capacity.
              Did he modify it to satisfy the tyrants? Or sell it

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                1 rifle per 90 days ! Thank God I got out of there
                You should have stayed - it would have saved you a lot of money!

Comment

BTW,

Fox news is reporting the state of Illinois is now proposing a social media check to buy/own a firearm.
                  I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                  I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                    BTW,

Fox news is reporting the state of Illinois is now proposing a social media check to buy/own a firearm.
                    Yeah, but still not as crazy as New York's plan. They at least don't want to see your browsing history - even Illinois says that's "extreme". Laughable...

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                      BTW,

All politicians should have their year books checked as well.

Comment

You may want to contact your NYPD licensing dept. regarding your question.

Because you already posses a NYC rifle/shotgun permit, I assume you already know you can only posses a rifle/shotgun with a 5rds capacity limit in NYC (which means most tube fed rifles (most common are .22 rifles) & some shotguns are NO good in NYC because they hold more than 5 rds.) Be sure you know what you are receiving/ inherited before you try to register it.

Times have changed since I held a NYC license.. Couldn't find anything about NYC rifle/shotgun inheritance. Are you able to get a notarized letter from the "Executor of Estate" stating your inheritance for your registration form?

found this... page 4 of 8 of NYC rifle/shotgun appl.
                        (f) If the permit holder has a gun stored in a residence outside of New York City and wishes to register it in New York City, he or she must submit a notarized letter listing the make, model and serial number of the gun and the address where it was stored. The letter must also indicate how the firearm was originally obtained. The permit holder must also complete a registration form and submit it.

Comment

In America, someone leaves you handguns, rifles, and/or shotguns. You take them and go home.

I know this may be of no help to you. Just thinking out loud. Sorry.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X