No announcement yet.

PA Non-resident license

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my original license in Scranton. I will have to renew next year. I’m going to go back there.
    III%

Comment

Got my PA non resident in July of 2014.
      Went to Scranton/Lackawanna County.
      Have a Suffolk license,

NRA MEMBER-NRA RSO-NYSRPA
      FREEPORT R&R
      NY CCW - FLORIDA CCW - UTAH CCW - PA CCW
      APPLESEED RIFLEMAN
      2015 PISTOL CHAMPION FROM THAT OTHER L.I. GUN FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

The county seat of Lancaster County is the city of Lancaster. Scranton is the County seat of Lackawanna County. Which county seat did you go to? Do you have a license from Suffolk or Nassau County that you used to get your Pa nonresident?
        Sorry, I went to Lackawanna County (Scranton), not Lancaster. My bad.

Call first, but I understand they accept any New York carry or sportsman permit. My permit from Centre County was coming up for renewal and I happened to be passing through the Scranton area. Went very smoothly - going through building security and riding the elevator took longer than the renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1062_ZEBRA View Post

Sorry, I went to Lackawanna County (Scranton), not Lancaster. My bad.

Call first, but I understand they accept any New York carry or sportsman permit. My permit from Centre County was coming up for renewal and I happened to be passing through the Scranton area. Went very smoothly - going through building security and riding the elevator took longer than the renewal.
          Has anyone with a "hunting/target" Nassau license gotten an initial PA license from Lackawanna County?

Comment

Okay. So I guess Lackawanna is still out. Centre County is the only one.

Comment

I sad it before and I’ll say it again. You can get nonresident NH by mail and it gives you PA. No need to take a trip at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
                I sad it before and I’ll say it again. You can get nonresident NH by mail and it gives you PA. No need to take a trip at all.
                yeah but doing cabelas on way back is fun

Comment

You can say it all you want but it isn't true. Pa only honors New Hampshire citizen's NH licenses.
                  Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

When in doubt... https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html

Click on "States That Honor My Permit(s)"... then Click on "NH"... then select "Non-Resident"... states in blue honor the NH non-resident license including PA.
                    Last edited by John060404; 02-10-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

You can say it all you want but it isn't true. Pa only honors New Hampshire citizen's NH licenses.
                      I disagree. See post #18 and the reciprocity agreement pdf also in the following thread:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=315363&page=2

If you still hold the same opinion after reading this, let us know why.
                      NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

I'm filling out the NH application. Under the "For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?" I would assume protection or self defense is good? Also thoughts on providing SS# as it is optional.

Comment

Incorrect as posted above. Read the agreement. You can also call PA if you like.

Comment

Incorrect as posted above. Read the agreement. You can also call PA if you like.
                            The "agreement" only allows the citizens of New Hampshire to carry on NH licenses in Pa, so perhaps you should read it.

From the Agreement itself: The Purpose of this Agreement is to extend reciprocal concealed firearm carry permit/license privileges to the citizens of the State of New Hampshire and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. (We from NY are not citizens of the state of New Hampshire). Further, the agreement states that the "Agreement applies only to the carrying of firearms by valid permit holders from respective states...". It doesn't say "valid permits" from respective states, it says valid permit HOLDERS from RESPECTIVE STATES. You are not "from" NH or Pa, so it doesn't apply to you.

Last edited by Grifhunter; 02-11-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post

I disagree. See post #18 and the reciprocity agreement pdf also in the following thread:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=315363&page=2

If you still hold the same opinion after reading this, let us know why.
                              See my post above. I've never seen an actual letter from the attorney general in Pa. The letter quoted in the thread is not a screen shot of an AG's letter. The referenced letter itself says that it is not legally binding and you should consult an attorney for an interpretation. Further, the letter mistakenly says the Reciprocity Agreement is silent as to resident/non resident when in actuality the RA clearly states who it applies to, namely, citizens of the respective states. So that to me makes the thread's post #18 letter suspicious.

The stakes are too high IMHO to trust a thread discussion or a concealed carry website over the unambiguous language of a regulation or statute.

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate, I carried on a NH non-resident license in PA.
                                That being said, it's easy to take an enjoyable road trip to PA Center County and pick up a PA non-resident..... so, that's what I did too.
                                NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Working...
                                X