Took the Utah CCW class today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the Utah CCW class today

What an awesome class. Chris is a great instructor. Lots of great, pertinent info. Well structured. Moved along nicely. 5 hours seemed to go by quickly. I highly recommend it. Well done.

Thank you for the kind words.

Comment

Took the class today as well. Was definitely worth it. Chris is a great instructor. Look forward to taking some of his other courses.

Comment

Took the class with Chris last year. It was great. I have my Utah and now waiting for my Florida CCW.

Comment

Still waiting for God to create the 48hr work day, so I can get in on some of these classes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
            Still waiting for God to create the 48hr work day, so I can get in on some of these classes.
            Try an make some time, its a great class.
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
            - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
            - James Madison

Comment

Firearms instructors around these parts named Chris just seem to really good.... I did he NRA basic pistol (was it ) some time ago with Foosel

Comment

I am also putting in for my Florida Non-resident. Just got my fingerprint card. Anyone know if I can go to any NCPD precinct or do I have to go to a specific one?

Comment

• Karpteach
                  Karpteach commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have to go to NCPD but not at the pistol division. It's the Records Bureau which is to the left of the pistol. It has a great staff and are very helpful.

Thanks, will probably do that. Anyone know if Florida requires that it be done in your home county or can I also get prints done by NYPD. (Much more convenient for me as I work in the city)

Comment

Utah non-resident CCW permit showed up the other day. Was around 6 1/2 weeks from time mailed in until receiving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Foosel View Post
                    Thank you for the kind words.
                    Can you post your link to your calendar? I refuse to go to the other place, but have no interest in getting you in the middle of that, but if there was an announcement for the Utah class, I missed it, so I'd like to monitor your site for upcoming classes. I actually might be exempt from the live fire for Utah, but that's another reason to check your site. Thanks!
                    NRA Benefactor Life
                    NRA Instructor & RSO
                    NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post
                      Thanks, will probably do that. Anyone know if Florida requires that it be done in your home county or can I also get prints done by NYPD. (Much more convenient for me as I work in the city)
                      Florida didn't ask for home county, just LE to take them. I would double check the website though, I have mine from maybe 7 years ago, I think.
                      NRA Benefactor Life
                      NRA Instructor & RSO
                      NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Thanks. I wound up getting it done at a NYPD precinct.

Just got my Utah license in the mail a week ago too!

Comment

Foosel is a great guy and knows his stuff.

My Utah license arrived last week!

Comment

Gentlemen, I have to ask. I see these threads all the time. I have never taken my pistols outside of this wonderful state and unless I relocate which is VERY doubtful, probably never will. Despite my background I just have a target and hunting license here and will never have CCW. Is there any advantage for me to apply to these other states ?

Comment

Working...
                            X