No announcement yet.

Centre County road trip?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just talking about this with a couple of my friends. It’s nice to know we can go to Scranton much closer. Sounds like a road trip to Harold’s deli in NJ and off to PA. I am in. Monday or Tuesdays work the best. Hopefully less traffic

Comment

Please keep me in mind when you set a date. I'm due to expire in late August so I have a little time.
      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post
        Harmonic ligc meet up in center county with a side trip to cabelas???
        Sure. Just have to find a day.

Comment

Was just in PA a couple of days. Scranton is a no-no. I called and they considered a business carry a restriction! We were 3 hours away from Belefonte so we made the trip. The wife and I had ours in the usual 20 minutes. If you don't get a parking spot next to the sheriff's office, you may not make the climb up the hill.
          We stopped by Cabela's on the way back. IMHO don't waste your time.
          PA is big and beautiful. We probably passed a dozen road kill deer on the way. The last morning where we were staying a black bear ran across the lawn in front of our cabin and there was a cotton mouth by the pond.

Two things you won't see on Long Island...the display case in the pistol licensing there and the lamp on the night table where we stayed.
          Attached Files
          A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post
            PA used to accept non-resident NH up until April of this year. They stopped for some reason.... 😢
            Link?
            NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
              Was just in PA a couple of days. Scranton is a no-no. I called and they considered a business carry a restriction!...
              This is exactly why question everyone who says Scranton/Lackawanna will issues licenses.

Comment

Originally posted by 1062_ZEBRA View Post

I renewed my license (first issued in Centre County) there a couple of months ago. I can confirm that they do renewals and assume from my conversations there that they also issue first -time licenses.

A phone call to the Lackawanna Sheriff can resolve any questions.
                Perhaps they renew, but they do not issue, according to Vitaman. (See my post above.)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post

Link?
                  Steve, I use this app on my phone. When I went to the course offered by Hunter a few months ago they were touting NH as a way to get PA as PA recognized NH Non-resident. Since April 16, 2018 PA only recognizes RESIDENT permits from states it has reciprocity with which effectively killed off NH.

Sucks goat balls.
                  NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                  NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                  Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Steve, I use this app on my phone. When I went to the course offered by Hunter a few months ago they were touting NH as a way to get PA as PA recognized NH Non-resident. Since April 16, 2018 PA only recognizes RESIDENT permits from states it has reciprocity with which effectively killed off NH.

Sucks goat balls.
                    I hear you, agreed.

I've heard many people say the same thing, except nobody seems to have a link to the official ruling....... which in my mind means its here-say.
                    NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Steve, I use this app on my phone. .............

Sucks goat balls.
                      From what I've heard, some people on this forum like that kind of thing.

(I'm not judging)
                      LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

From what I've heard, some people on this forum like that kind of thing.

(I'm not judging)
                        Sounds like you Jelly? You JELLY?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post

I've heard many people say the same thing, except nobody seems to have a link to the official ruling....... which in my mind means its here-say.
                          https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/wp-c...ty-Summary.pdf

Comment

Wyoming county is the one I keep looking at. It seems you apply by mail. When approved, you go get your picture taken and pick it up. If you get rejected for your "sportsman" license, I assume they don't contact you. lol 3 1/2 hour drive one way from my house. Yuck. I keep thinking about working it into a trip upstate, that way it would only be adding an extra hour of travel.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
                              Wyoming county is the one I keep looking at. It seems you apply by mail. When approved, you go get your picture taken and pick it up. If you get rejected for your "sportsman" license, I assume they don't contact you. lol 3 1/2 hour drive one way from my house. Yuck. I keep thinking about working it into a trip upstate, that way it would only be adding an extra hour of travel.
                              Um... Why not just drive to Centre?

Comment

Um... because it's an hour farther?

Comment

Working...
                                X