Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveT View Post

I hear you, agreed.

I've heard many people say the same thing, except nobody seems to have a link to the official ruling....... which in my mind means its here-say.
    Looking briefly, I found this on the PA Attorney Generals website. Page 12, at the bottom. Sucks as that was part of the reason I picked up NH a year or so ago.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/wp-c...ty-Summary.pdf
    Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by xcentrk View Post

Looking briefly, I found this on the PA Attorney Generals website. Page 12, at the bottom. Sucks as that was part of the reason I picked up NH a year or so ago.

Yep. That was only reason why I did NH.
      NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
      NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
      Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Originally posted by 1062_ZEBRA View Post

I renewed my license (first issued in Centre County) there a couple of months ago. I can confirm that they do renewals and assume from my conversations there that they also issue first -time licenses.

A phone call to the Lackawanna Sheriff can resolve any questions.
        @Huntingtonguy I'm down for a Monday. Definitely no Friday(traffic). BTW what if the license expired already?
        A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by xcentrk View Post

Excellent, thanks for the link.

“NOTE: Concealed carry licenses issued to either non-residents of the above listed states or individuals under the age of 21 are not recognized by Pennsylvania, and those individuals are not legally allowed to carry a concealed firearm in Pennsylvania.”

So the actual legal change is that PA no longer recognizes non-resident permits, regardless of state. Understood.
          NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
            Um... because it's an hour farther?
            Yeah, but instead of hoping you might get invited to pick up your license, you can drive 20-25% further and support the people who openly advertise that they are unwilling to deny rights to NY gun owners.

You'd also have the company of some members here (if you want a driving buddy).

Comment

I don't need a PA permit bad enough to drive to either location just for that. (Despite traveling to PA to shoot fairly regularly.)

I don't know that I'd call giving government even more of my money "support". lol

Comment

I’ll be driving up with a few friends to centre county this Friday. Leaving early in the AM. Just making sure that centre county still gives out non resident license . I’ve read somewhere that they also stopped but now I can’t find the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post
                  I’ll be driving up with a few friends to centre county this Friday. Leaving early in the AM. Just making sure that centre county still gives out non resident license . I’ve read somewhere that they also stopped but now I can’t find the thread.
                  Thinking of going down next t Monday.
                  I’ll call tomorrow to make sure NY’ers are still gtg.

Room for 2 if anyone is due and wants to split tolls/gas

Comment

I gotta go later in July. Next 10 days are effed up.
                    Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Work will keep me from making my run down this Monday. My new plan is to go next Monday, 9 July. Probably an 0500’ish wheels up from Huntington.

For anyone who cares:
                      http://centrecountypa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/5047

We are located at 213 East High Street, Bellefonte, PA 16823

You can reach our office at (814) 355-6803
                      CLICK HERE for the Application
                      Any questions concerning License to Carry, feel free to call the office or e-mail at smbickel@centrecountypa.gov

Last edited by Huntington Guy; 06-30-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                        Work will keep me from making my run down this Monday. My new plan is to go next Monday, 9 July. Probably an 0500’ish wheels up from Huntington.

For anyone who cares:
                        http://centrecountypa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/5047

We are located at 213 East High Street, Bellefonte, PA 16823

You can reach our office at (814) 355-6803
                        CLICK HERE for the Application
                        Any questions concerning License to Carry, feel free to call the office or e-mail at smbickel@centrecountypa.gov

Have you confirmed that they def. do it? My friend and I also want to go.

Comment

If you can't park next to the office, you will have to hire a Sherpa to get you up the hill.
                          A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post
                            I didn’t call, I’ll do that tomorrow and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                              If you can't park next to the office, you will have to hire a Sherpa to get you up the hill.
                              I’m going to make a “Emergency Bagel Delivery” placard for my dash. Worst case, I get a ticket and I’ll pay it in 5 years when I renew again.

That is a decent hill, just hope it’s not 100* next week.

Comment

Thanks for the update Tom. July 9 ain't good for me as i am on vacation for most of next week and that will be my first day back.
                                Thank-You-Members-of-LIGC-For-Your-Generosity-Once-Again !!!
                                https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...ity-once-again

Comment

Working...
                                X