Centre County road trip?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down and back to Centre County today, here is my report:
    *The ride down was smooooth. No traffic, no tie ups, just stayed in the Texting Lane (left lane in NJ and PA) and navigated around all the folks who absolutely, positively had to reach out and touch someone at 80 MPH. No wonder there are so many deer hit on I-80.
    *It took longer to park and walk 2 blocks to the Sheriffs Office than it did to renew my license (12mins, including chit chat).
    *Spent about 30 minutes chatting with Sheriff Sampsel. What a decent guy. Army vet, strong believer in 2A, loves his job/work, hires veterans whenever possible as deputies.
    He laughed when I showed him the back of my NY PL w the handguns listed on the cards, 100% agrees it’s a BS rule.
    *Both women at the front desk said they are fine w NY CCW with administrative restrictions (Sportsman/Target Hinting). Honestly, I didn’t think to ask but I’m guessing a PremisePermit would be a no go only because they require a home state LTC. If you fall into that group, call first.
    *A dozen LI bagels = crowd pleaser in that Sheriffs Office. One bag-o-bagels delivered today on behalf of LIGC.
    *The ride home sucked the life out of me. Big truck crash closed I-80 East for a good while. 3 construction zones w lane closure (its only 2 lanes to start with), and apparently the Texting Laneis the same in both directions.
    *Make a day out of it, spend the night, have lunch in town...beautiful little town they’ve got there.

*** New rule, cash only *** No checks, just greenbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
      Down and back to Centre County today, here is my report:
      *The ride down was smooooth. No traffic, no tie ups, just stayed in the Texting Lane (left lane in NJ and PA) and navigated around all the folks who absolutely, positively had to reach out and touch someone at 80 MPH. No wonder there are so many deer hit on I-80.
      *It took longer to park and walk 2 blocks to the Sheriffs Office than it did to renew my license (12mins, including chit chat).
      *Spent about 30 minutes chatting with Sheriff Sampsel. What a decent guy. Army vet, strong believer in 2A, loves his job/work, hires veterans whenever possible as deputies.
      He laughed when I showed him the back of my NY PL w the handguns listed on the cards, 100% agrees it’s a BS rule.
      *Both women at the front desk said they are fine w NY CCW with administrative restrictions (Sportsman/Target Hinting). Honestly, I didn’t think to ask but I’m guessing a PremisePermit would be a no go only because they require a home state LTC. If you fall into that group, call first.
      *A dozen LI bagels = crowd pleaser in that Sheriffs Office. One bag-o-bagels delivered today on behalf of LIGC.
      *The ride home sucked the life out of me. Big truck crash closed I-80 East for a good while. 3 construction zones w lane closure (its only 2 lanes to start with), and apparently the Texting Laneis the same in both directions.
      *Make a day out of it, spend the night, have lunch in town...beautiful little town they’ve got there.

*** New rule, cash only *** No checks, just greenbacks.
      Did you have to park at the bottom of the hill and walk up? I almost had to nail carabiners in the pavement and hook a rope on to it strapped to a harness
      A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

Did you have to park at the bottom of the hill and walk up? I almost had to nail carabiners in the pavement and hook a rope on to it strapped to a harness
        That hill is no BS. We’d clean up if we ran a tow rope up there for the winters.

Comment

Working...
        X