Centre County road trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
    I am traveling and may wind up going through Centre Pa next week. Anyone know what I need to have for a permit. Birth cert? Passport, etc? I have my ny permit with me. They take cash, personal check?
    You will need the application which they can provide or bring it pre-completed to save time (http://centrecountypa.gov/index.aspx?NID=405) your current NY permit and $20 cash only. I was in and out in ten minutes. Very nice people there.

Comment

No references? I read somewhere you needed 2 but then saw that was from the 90's posting.

Comment

No references? I read somewhere you needed 2 but then saw that was from the 90's posting.
        That section is on the application.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffen1974 View Post

That section is on the application.
          I see, just names needed and not their signatures-great!

Comment

Originally posted by Waffen1974 View Post

You will need the application which they can provide or bring it pre-completed to save time (http://centrecountypa.gov/index.aspx?NID=405) your current NY permit and $20 cash only. I was in and out in ten minutes. Very nice people there.
            Thank you for the link! Looks like this is gonna happen for me. I mentioned to my student who needs cross-country flight time if he's up for a flight to KUNV, and he's all for it. A pro-gun guy but he lives in the city. Does it have to be on a weekday? Or do they issue permits on Saturday?

No appointment needed? Just bring my items and walk in/out?
            Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
            Nick Charles: No.
            Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
            Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
            -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

Thank you for the link! Looks like this is gonna happen for me. I mentioned to my student who needs cross-country flight time if he's up for a flight to KUNV, and he's all for it. A pro-gun guy but he lives in the city. Does it have to be on a weekday? Or do they issue permits on Saturday?

M—f only. 8a—4pm I think
              III%

Comment

It's like our Second Amendment rights aren't even infringed!

Gold luck on your flight. Sounds awesome!

Comment

Need an extra person/ballast weight?
                  A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Taking the trip up tomorrow with a friend whose also applying. Leaving his house upstate at 6am.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post
                      Taking the trip up tomorrow with a friend whose also applying. Leaving his house upstate at 6am.
                      What happened to stopping by with the family?

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

What happened to stopping by with the family?
                        Ended up leaving late on Monday cause the kids wanted to stay later in Lancaster and in-laws wanted to keep shopping.

just got back to Long Island, trip was def longer than I imagine. Thank goodness for my friend who took the drive up and I took the drive back home. Def. make a day of it, we were in and out of the pistol license place in 15 minutes. Everyone was SUPER nice. Found parking just 3 cars from the entrance of the pistol place.

Meters are 5 hours per quarter so make sure you check if there’s still money. The meter guy joked with us and told us not to put more quarters.

stopped by Cabela’s, cigars international and Red Robin for food on the way back .

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post

Ended up leaving late on Monday cause the kids wanted to stay later in Lancaster and in-laws wanted to keep shopping.

just got back to Long Island, trip was def longer than I imagine. Thank goodness for my friend who took the drive up and I took the drive back home. Def. make a day of it, we were in and out of the pistol license place in 15 minutes. Everyone was SUPER nice. Found parking just 3 cars from the entrance of the pistol place.

Meters are 5 hours per quarter so make sure you check if there’s still money. The meter guy joked with us and told us not to put more quarters.

stopped by Cabela’s, cigars international and Red Robin for food on the way back .
                          Congratulations on getting your PA license! The next time you bring the family to PA (or VA, or NC, etc.), you can protect them legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

Congratulations on getting your PA license! The next time you bring the family to PA (or VA, or NC, etc.), you can protect them legally.
                            Thanks! Was def. great to get. Been talking about getting it for years. Considering I’m in pa about 6-7 times a year for weeks at a time it’s def gonna be useful.

Comment

Just left with a new permit in my hand. Took 10 minutes, most of it spent chatting with the cute girl typing in my info. No questions asked about my ny sportsmans permit.

Comment

Just left with a new permit in my hand. Took 10 minutes, most of it spent chatting with the cute girl typing in my info. No questions asked about my ny sportsmans permit.
                                It was great wasn’t it? People were super nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X