X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntington Guy
    started a topic Connecticut non res CCW

Connecticut non res CCW

I never bothered to apply for a CT license, I’ve had the app laying around (forgot about it) for a while so I just read their online info again and I’m confused about something.
    It says an application can be dropped off and a temp license can be issued (60 days) until permanent one arrives.
    I am not clear if that applies to non res. Is it worth the fee to get the CT? I’ll be in CT a few days next week, if I can pull off the drop off thing I’ll do it but don’t want to waste my time.
    Anyone?

• vmtcmt
    replied
    Have they not updated their website? Says $70.
    http://www.ct.gov/DESPP/cwp/view.asp?q=494614

USA Carry says the same:
    https://www.usacarry.com/connecticut...formation.html

Leave a comment:

• xcentrk
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
    And the last I had heard early last year, they jacked the fee's thru the roof, as bad or worse than Nassau.
    I heard the same thing. Trying to look up more solid info on how to obtain it as I have family up there with plenty of land.

Leave a comment:

• Garys001
    replied
    Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
    Is the non-resident CT license unrestricted carry or to and from the range?
    Unrestricted carry

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    The way those anti-fanatics are going in CT, soon you're gonna need a license just to look at pictures of guns.

Leave a comment:

• bberetta1
    replied
    Is the non-resident CT license unrestricted carry or to and from the range?

Leave a comment:

• Finicky Fat Guy
    replied
    I got a non-res CT in 2012 and it's the only on O have that I've actually carried under, other than to/from the range. If you get it, even if you only need it for a few days, it will allow you to buy ammo at the Cabela's and Bass Pro up there. That's not as good as online pricing, I know, but of you find yourself up there like I do it can be convenient.

Leave a comment:

• PeterGunn
    replied
    As Parashooter stated, non-resident licenses are issued by the State. Fill out the forms, mail them with 2 checks or money orders. Fingerprints can be rolled by any qualified individual, not just a LEO. I'm certified by DCJS to roll prints in NYS.

License gets mailed to you within 60 days. Relatively painless (except for the coin coming out of your account part).

Renewals are similarly painless. My renewal went out in the mail the very day they received my check.

Leave a comment:

• Blade21
    replied
    I was thinking of a non resident for CT as well. A female coworker and her husband have non resident CT permits. I'll ask her monday.

Leave a comment:

• bigbore44
    replied
    And the last I had heard early last year, they jacked the fee's thru the roof, as bad or worse than Nassau.

Leave a comment:

• Parashooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Thx, I’m good for NY. Just thought the part about the CT temp was unusual.

2. Submit fingerprints for a criminal history check through a law enforcement agency. Fees include a $75.00 fee and a $12.00 fee, payable at the agency where the prints are taken. Fees must be paid by separate checks.
    3. Upon approval, the local authority will issue a Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers (DPS-11-C), effective for 60 days.
    That's for Locals. Non-res. is issued by the State.

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post
    In for info. Do you need a ny ccw or sportsman is okay also?
    Thx, I’m good for NY. Just thought the part about the CT temp was unusual.

2. Submit fingerprints for a criminal history check through a law enforcement agency. Fees include a $75.00 fee and a $12.00 fee, payable at the agency where the prints are taken. Fees must be paid by separate checks.
    3. Upon approval, the local authority will issue a Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers (DPS-11-C), effective for 60 days.

Leave a comment:

• Mega2899
    replied
    In for info. Do you need a ny ccw or sportsman is okay also?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X