Centre County Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centre County Road Trip

I have to head out there soon but I don't know when I will be able to go so planning a group thing isn't really possible. However, when I do get to head out I'd like to make good use of the trip and do something, anything, before heading home. Last time I went down to Gettysburg but that makes it an overnight trip which really isn't practical right now. In the other thread about going out there someone mentioned Cabela's but I spend enough time in CT to go there and to Bass Pro. Is there anything along the route between LI and Center County worth stopping for? The only ranges I can find all require a membership. Does anyone know of any that are open to the public along I80? Historical sites? Great restaurants? Anything?
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.ā€
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays. Been there 3 or 4 times. Freaking place is awesome. Super nice people & Grumpy's BBQ is good & nearby.
    NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
      Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays. Been there 3 or 4 times. Freaking place is awesome. Super nice people & Grumpy's BBQ is good & nearby.
      I've heard from ThatGuy about it a number of times but it really doesn't appear to be close to I80.
      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.ā€
      Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Rent some new guns from Pocono Pistol Range, hiking or rafting along the Delaware Water Gap, skiing (if some bastard hadn't taken your skis).

Comment

Is this to get the non resident pistol license? I'm retired & have spare time. Is it a day trip? How much $ does it cost & what paper work do you need to bring? Give me 1 days notice .

Comment

Originally posted by Nick S. View Post
            Is this to get the non resident pistol license? I'm retired & have spare time. Is it a day trip? How much $ does it cost & what paper work do you need to bring? Give me 1 days notice .
            5-6 hours round trip. Cost is like $15.00. Paperwork will be provided at the station, just being 4 references (names, phone numbers and addresses) and your license

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post
              Rent some new guns from Pocono Pistol Range, hiking or rafting along the Delaware Water Gap, skiing (if some bastard hadn't taken your skis).
              Wrong time of the year for skiing, no? :-)
              Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post

5-6 hours round trip. Cost is like $15.00. Paperwork will be provided at the station, just being 4 references (names, phone numbers and addresses) and your license
                I'd say you either drive real fast or are very optimistic.
                pa map.PNG
                NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post

I'd say you either drive real fast or are very optimistic.
                  pa map.PNG
                  You drive slow

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

Wrong time of the year for skiing, no? :-)
                    Yeah, but I figured with they way most of us procrastinate...

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post

$20 now, cash only. Inflation is sneaking up on us.
                      Depending on travel times Iā€™d budget closer to 10hfs. Leave stupid early, get in and get out and clear the GW and the Bronx before 3. Otherwise tack on another 2+ hrs.

Comment

Working...
                      X