North Carolina timeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Carolina timeline

For anyone wondering- licence application submitted on 11/6 (election day).
    Approved 11/19 - (and that includes one closed weekday for Veterans Day).

Gotta go see the sheriff!

Originally posted by psydaddy View Post
    For anyone wondering- licence application submitted on 11/6 (election day).
    Approved 11/19 - (and that includes one closed weekday for Veterans Day).

Gotta go see the sheriff!
    To quote a Disney song: "A whole new world... A dazzling place I never knew... "

Enjoy the taste of freedom (before all the other NY transplants ruin it).

Comment

Well clearly that Sheriff got a call letting him know just who they are dealing with in you. What other explanation could there be? 🤷

Congratulations Dov, glad things are going well for you down there.

Comment

It ain't like that in NY.

Comment

My buddy, a retired local cop, moved to the Asheville, NC area about 8 years ago. He took the LEOSA course and is able to carry in 50 states - but only the handgun he qualified with.* He rides motorcycles and changes is EDC gun often. So he got his NC pistol carry license in a couple of weeks and he can now carry anything in the many states that have reciprocity with NC.

* LEOSA qualifies you on a "type" of firearm, not a specific firearm. Generally, 'type' means revolver or pistol, but in many places they wrongfully pigeonhole you and certify you on only one specific handgun, perhaps to get more $ out of you to qualify with more guns.
          No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Depending on travel habits or requirements, I believe Utah is a better option for many retired LE than HR218. Carry any gun, better (I believe) protections from federal distance from school laws, valid for 5 years not an annual renewal and no live fire required.
            Last edited by Huntington Guy; 12-04-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Aside from the "usual suspects" in terms of what is off limits, I am carefully checking all the places I frequent to see if any have a "firearms prohibited" sign. So far, I haven't seen many.

Comment

Another good thing about North Carolina is that it recognizes ALL CCW licenses from all 50 states, be also mindful that it is a "duty to inform" state when interacting with LEO while carrying, failing to inform the officer I believe is a misdeameanor. I took the NC CCW course a few years back while stationed at Camp Lejeune.

Comment

This place needs a sub forum for expats.
                  Still here but still counting down. The inventor of Hawk fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                    My buddy, a retired local cop, moved to the Asheville, NC area about 8 years ago. He took the LEOSA course and is able to carry in 50 states - but only the handgun he qualified with.* He rides motorcycles and changes is EDC gun often. So he got his NC pistol carry license in a couple of weeks and he can now carry anything in the many states that have reciprocity with NC.

* LEOSA qualifies you on a "type" of firearm, not a specific firearm. Generally, 'type' means revolver or pistol, but in many places they wrongfully pigeonhole you and certify you on only one specific handgun, perhaps to get more $ out of you to qualify with more guns.
                    Ahh, Asheville NC. I've seen a few of the cops there.

There was a show called Southern Justice. They filmed cops in Asheville NC and Sullivan County TN. My buddy who was a Sullivan County Sheriff was on it.
                    Still here but still counting down. The inventor of Hawk fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by M_F View Post
                      Another good thing about North Carolina is that it recognizes ALL CCW licenses from all 50 states, be also mindful that it is a "duty to inform" state when interacting with LEO while carrying, failing to inform the officer I believe is a misdeameanor. I took the NC CCW course a few years back while stationed at Camp Lejeune.
                      Apparently NC does not recognize Vermont. Not sure if that is a constitutional carry quirk or what. All good in the other 53 though.
                      https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html

Comment

Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post
                        This place needs a sub forum for expats.
                        Yep... the grass is greener on this side of the fence.
                        Africa Part 2: May 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Apparently NC does not recognize Vermont. Not sure if that is a constitutional carry quirk or what. All good in the other 53 though.
                          https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html
                          Vermont does not issue and has never issued CCW licenses in its history. The only method for a Vermont resident to carry across state lines (outside of Constitutional carry states) is to obtain a non resident CCW license (Utah and Florida for example).

Comment

Working...
                          X