PA Non-resident CCW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PA Non-resident CCW

I know that Centre County honors Suffolk sportsman permit for obtaining non-res PA CCW permit. Does anyone have experience with Berks county? I have to travel to Reading next week.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Dan44219 View Post
    I know that Centre County honors Suffolk sportsman permit for obtaining non-res PA CCW permit. Does anyone have experience with Berks county? I have to travel to Reading next week.
    Thanks
    Despite yearly rumors to the contrary, no county other than Centre issues CCW licenses to NY (Sportsman/Target) license holders.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

Despite yearly rumors to the contrary, no county other than Centre issues CCW licenses to NY (Sportsman/Target) license holders.
        Just spoke to Lackawana today and no go. I spoke to them back in March and it was OK then since I had gotten my original there but too early. 60 days or less. Not so much now.
        The commies are creeping in everywhere.
        The officer did tell me that PA is an open carry and that strapping on a full sized 1911 is just fine. Just have to lock it while in the car as the car is considered concealment.
        He didn’t think my idea of keeping it in plain site on the dashboard was going to help.

Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post

Just spoke to Lackawana today and no go. I spoke to them back in March and it was OK then since I had gotten my original there but too early. 60 days or less. Not so much now.
          The commies are creeping in everywhere.
          The officer did tell me that PA is an open carry and that strapping on a full sized 1911 is just fine. Just have to lock it while in the car as the car is considered concealment.
          He didn’t think my idea of keeping it in plain site on the dashboard was going to help.
          You might be the only confirmed case of ever getting a license from Lackawanna. It's a shame they don't open it up. That's make a mint and have a lot of appreciative (and armed) visitors.

Comment

You might be the only confirmed case of ever getting a license from Lackawanna. It's a shame they don't open it up. That's make a mint and have a lot of appreciative (and armed) visitors.
            Lackawanna.

Add me to the number of folks who got their Pa. non resident from Lackawanna County. And when I was there, the guy waiting in front of me was from Merrick.

Comment

I got mine in Lackawanna.
              III%

Comment

Lackawanna here:
                NRA MEMBER-NRA RSO-NYSRPA
                FREEPORT R&R
                NY CCW - FLORIDA CCW - UTAH CCW - PA CCW
                APPLESEED RIFLEMAN
                2015 PISTOL CHAMPION FROM THAT OTHER L.I. GUN FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGunn View Post
                  Lackawanna.

Add me to the number of folks who got their Pa. non resident from Lackawanna County. And when I was there, the guy waiting in front of me was from Merrick.
                  How long ago and have you renewed recently?
                  Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Can anyone tell me exactly where Centre County PA is? Who handles it? Sheriff? Local Police? I'll get one of my flying students to take me there on a required cross country flight.
                    Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                    Nick Charles: No.
                    Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                    Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                    -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post

How long ago and have you renewed recently?
                      Over 4 1/2 years ago. Due for renewal in August. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post
                        Can anyone tell me exactly where Centre County PA is? Who handles it? Sheriff? Local Police? I'll get one of my flying students to take me there on a required cross country flight.
                        Bellefonte Airport-N96, 225 Snowbird Ln, Bellefonte, PA 16823

It's a ten-minute drive from the pistol licensing office at Centre County Sheriff's Department, 213 E High St, Bellefonte, PA 16823

It' s a one-hour walk, but I'm sure there are car services of some type.

I looked into this figuring it would be easier to pay someone to fly me there to renew.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGunn View Post

Over 4 1/2 years ago. Due for renewal in August. We'll see what happens.
                          Number one: Good luck!

Number two: For the love of all that is decent and holy, PLEASE post here the result of your trip back to Lackawanna!

Comment

It has been confirmed that three members listed above for a license from Lackawanna County. It remains to be seen if they will still issue, or even renew.

Comment

Sheriff Bryan Sampsel. Super nice guy, very approachable, very [email protected] and he’s a vet.

Comment

Working...
                              X