Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

Bellefonte Airport-N96, 225 Snowbird Ln, Bellefonte, PA 16823

It's a ten-minute drive from the pistol licensing office at Centre County Sheriff's Department, 213 E High St, Bellefonte, PA 16823

It' s a one-hour walk, but I'm sure there are car services of some type.

I looked into this figuring it would be easier to pay someone to fly me there to renew.
    Thanks! You did all the research for me! Wow, still a 2 hour flight each way.
    Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
    Nick Charles: No.
    Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
    Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
    -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

No problem. I figured if someone had a four-man plane, and each of three LIGC guests kicked in money for fuel, mileage, and car service, and the pilot's license fee, the pilot would get a license for the cost of time, and the other three guys would get a fun plane ride and a license for next to nothing.

If you want to take your one of your students there, just find one who has handguns, and I'm sure he'd be happy to do it. Carrying in PA feels like freedom.

Comment

Received renewal letter in the mail to. Have to call before I make the trip.

Comment

Still worth flying over driving if your can do it. I got mine in May, and the 4 hr drive there, turned into a 6 1/2 hr trip. Traffic, construction, accidents, etc. Just getting over the bridges usually adds an hour. And then there's the construction and stoppages on I80.
          Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
          Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Hopefully out of McArthur or Gabreski, otherwise the 3 hour drive to the airport kind of puts a damper on it.

I once flew (with my neighbor/instructor) a Cessna 150 tail dragger with a stick out and back from Zahn's. 16 at the time. Wish I'd kept after it.
            Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Been wanting to go to centre county but dreading that drive. Everytime I get close to centre county it’s during the weekend with my family.

Comment

Ok let me chime in here. I have a non-resident CCW from Butler County. This is the county north of Allegheny County where Pittsburgh is. I have a Nassau pistol license and just renewed this past November of 2018. Yes it's far, you're practically in Ohio. I did grow up there and still have family there so I am in the area every so often. When I was there for a nephews wedding and I was due for a renewal in December took care of it while I was there. Fill out form, they copied my NY license, paid the fee and out in a few minutes.

Comment

1- Pilot-Pete totally gets style points for this one 👍

2- Centre County is a hike but it’s a beautiful area. Go on a Friday and plan a weekend around the ride. Stay over? Go to Bucks County (New Hope is hopelessly liberal but a great place to stay and eat)? Get one of those heart shaped suites in the Poconos, just bring bleach, Lysol and a fresh tetanus shot.

3- Centre County has supported our folks (going back at least to Sheriff Denny) for a long time. PIA factor aside, I like the idea of supporting those who support us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post
                    Been wanting to go to centre county but dreading that drive. Everytime I get close to centre county it’s during the weekend with my family.
                    That's exactly why you plan family trips during the week, my friend. They make school holidays for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelbliss View Post
                      Ok let me chime in here. I have a non-resident CCW from Butler County. This is the county north of Allegheny County where Pittsburgh is. I have a Nassau pistol license and just renewed this past November of 2018. Yes it's far, you're practically in Ohio. I did grow up there and still have family there so I am in the area every so often. When I was there for a nephews wedding and I was due for a renewal in December took care of it while I was there. Fill out form, they copied my NY license, paid the fee and out in a few minutes.
                      I should have mentioned that Centre has always been the furthest east confirmed county. I am glad to hear that some counties further west honor the constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                        1- Pilot-Pete totally gets style points for this one 👍

2- Centre County is a hike but it’s a beautiful area. Go on a Friday and plan a weekend around the ride. Stay over? Go to Bucks County (New Hope is hopelessly liberal but a great place to stay and eat)? Get one of those heart shaped suites in the Poconos, just bring bleach, Lysol and a fresh tetanus shot.

3- Centre County has supported our folks (going back at least to Sheriff Denny) for a long time. PIA factor aside, I like the idea of supporting those who support us.
                        2A - New Hope is a quaint, nice town.

2B - The heart-shaped tubs are fine if you plan on leaving them dirtier than you found them...

29C - One place advertised a champagne glass tub, which was elevated so that you could see through from underneath. I thought that was awesome until I realized you'd have to be OUT of the tub to see anything.

3 - Right on!

4 - If Lackawanna County is still giving out licenses, there is great skiing there, with great hiking, camping, and rafting not too far away.
                        ​​​
                        Last edited by Range Time; 06-28-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Add another for Lakawanna. Issued in 2015. I expire at the end of 2020.. I guess I will find out next year!
                          Lain

Chapter Leader of The Well Armed Woman Long Island -EST 2015
                          Educate, Equip, Empower!

TWAW Shooting Team
                          http://twawshootingchapters.org

on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TWAWLongIsl...02221614029645
                          on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/twaw_longisland/?hl=en

NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle Instructor
                          NRA Certified RSO
                          Retired Lieutenant/ Paramedic FDNY
                          AHA BLS/CPR/First Aid Instructor, Stop The Bleed Instructor
                          Flotilla Staff Officer, USCG Aux.

Comment

Just was in contact with Lackawana county today for my pa renewal. They informed me that if you have any type of restrictions on your license, it’s a no go. They told me that Centre County will issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Citypaul1 View Post
                              Just was in contact with Lackawana county today for my pa renewal. They informed me that if you have any type of restrictions on your license, it’s a no go. They told me that Centre County will issue.
                              EVERY carry license in the US has restrictions on them (no carry in bars, no carry in schools, no carry in courthouse, no carry while drunk). Just their anti-NYer bullshit.
                              Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

I HATE to say I told you so, but..

Centre County is the closest one that cares about our rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X