X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose down for a centre county trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post

Hopefully out of McArthur or Gabreski, otherwise the 3 hour drive to the airport kind of puts a damper on it.

I once flew (with my neighbor/instructor) a Cessna 150 tail dragger with a stick out and back from Zahn's. 16 at the time. Wish I'd kept after it.
      wow some one else remembers Zahn the grassy knoll, i flew out of there a long long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post
        Whose down for a centre county trip?
        I don't need to go, but I can keep you company if no one else is interested (although I find that hard to believe).

Comment

Been wanting to go to centre county but dreading that drive. Everytime I get close to centre county it’s during the weekend with my family.
          last time I went to renew my license and had the kids and wife in the car; UGH what torture! It was a 4+ hour drive from hell!

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post

wow some one else remembers Zahn the grassy knoll, i flew out of there a long long time ago
            On the other side of the tracks, south of Republic? Was Alan Blvd. the road to get there? I remember watching planes take off with my dad when I was little.

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

Thanks! You did all the research for me! Wow, still a 2 hour flight each way.
              I'll kick in fuel money.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

I don't need to go, but I can keep you company if no one else is interested (although I find that hard to believe).
                Awesome! Maybe get a few more people. I’ll use the mommy van lol

Comment

Leave early, get license, shoot clays, then return to shithole. That's my routine.
                  NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post
                    last time I went to renew my license and had the kids and wife in the car; UGH what torture! It was a 4+ hour drive from hell!
                    not to mention if you park at the bottom of the hill and have to walk up it. Bring climbing ropes and pitons.
                    "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

Comment

Awesome! Maybe get a few more people. I’ll use the mommy van lol
                      That makes sense. From what I hear, moms demand gun sense.

Comment

This is M-F work hours, I guess? I would like to go too and share trip expenses but work is gets on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
                          This is M-F work hours, I guess? I would like to go too and share trip expenses but work is gets on the way.
                          That too is my problem. Gonna have to take a day off to go.

Comment

Stop by cabelas before or after we get the license sounds like a great idea..

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
                              Freedom is well worth a day off.

Look at the ride like a work day in an office. You sit for four hours chatting with the guy next to you to relieve the frustration, run an errand and grab a bite to eat on your lunch break, and sit for another four hours until you get home. The upside here is you get a CCW license for your trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

Freedom is well worth a day off.

Look at the ride like a work day in an office. You sit for four hours chatting with the guy next to you to relieve the frustration, run an errand and grab a bite to eat on your lunch break, and sit for another four hours until you get home. The upside here is you get a CCW license for your trouble.
                                Yup! Willing to take a day off and get my permit. Gotta make a day out of it and hit up cabelas and grab some food. Need to do this by September.

Comment

Working...
                                X