No announcement yet.

WTF. My Daughter Got A Pistol Before Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They got a pistol before you? So.... have you filed your paperwork with the PLB yet?
    NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
      Just got a text
      So my daughter and her husband moved to California in January. He picked up his Sig P226 today and she picks up her Sig 238 on Wednesday. No way in hell I saw this coming. They took a test and have a officer friend that will help them. They also got a small safe and plan on going to the range when things quiet down. They have shot rifle with me at Brookhaven so shooting is not totally new to them. I thought California was tuff but apparently it’s just a safety test and a 10 day wait. Not sure if a class was needed.
      If one thing positive comes out of this mess this is it meanwhile my other 2 daughters and 2 sisters families are completely defenseless
      You need to move to Cali? Ummmm, not!

Comment

I was just discussing that nightmare state and how it compares to NYwith a guy at work whose looking to transfer there. From what Ive read, another fucking shit show! The handgun approval list makes zero sense in how they approve them, etc. Ammo can only be purchased from certain gunstores and you must go through a background check. You cant go to a gunshow in Nevada ,for example, and buy a case of 9 mm JHP and bring it back, thats a felony. For long arms, its a never ending game of Cal DOJ taking away more and more features on any type of MSR with manufacturers, sellers and buyers trying to keep up. Another fucked up place that will get way worse. This pandemic might increase that rate.

Comment

The only good thing about Cali is that at least they explicitly define which Features are legal, I.e. fin grip, mag lock, and so forth. Everything else about them sucks ass.

Comment

Kali also already has a ban on bullets containing lead for hunting (IE FMJ). I believe they're trying to ban lead bullets from even target shooting.
            NRA Life member

Comment

I'm well aware of how bad California sucks and did all I could to convince them to go anywhere but there. I was just thrown for a loop when out of the blue I get a text of her husband holding a sig and hers is coming Wednesday. I almost fell over and it shows me how nervous they must be. They live in a good area in a secure building and have a Cane Corso so nobody screws with them anyway. Not sure if they will try to get carry permits if that's even possible

Comment

Good for them Phil. We need more people like them.
                NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

I'm well aware of how bad California sucks and did all I could to convince them to go anywhere but there. I was just thrown for a loop when out of the blue I get a text of her husband holding a sig and hers is coming Wednesday. I almost fell over and it shows me how nervous they must be. They live in a good area in a secure building and have a Cane Corso so nobody screws with them anyway. Not sure if they will try to get carry permits if that's even possible
                  Cali is like New York with permits where it varies wildly by county. Good on them for taking the first step and becoming owners though. One thing at a time.

Comment

Depending on where they are it may not be a big hurdle. Outside of coastal cities it’s won’t hard. Like NYC/LI vs Finger Lakes area
                    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Working...
                    X