Suffolk license question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suffolk license question

I was under the impression that a job change was reason to notify Suffolk PLB. I just went through the handbook and the only reference to such things seems to be keyed toward license holders with a "business" endorsement on their license., which does not apply to me

Have the rules changed? Or am I just so programmed to believe they need to know everything, that I managed to conjure up this this notification requirement? Or do I really need to tell them my employer has changed?

follow the manual. Anything else is rumor.
    NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

I think you just have to update your work number. It should be in the book.
      III%

Comment

Page 24: INCIDENTS THAT REQUIRE NOTIFICATION TO THE PISTOL LICENSING BUREAU
        1) Loss or theft of a firearm within twenty-four (24) hours of incident.
        2) Discharge of a firearm (other than practice at an authorized range or while lawfully hunting) within twenty-four (24) hours of incident.
        3) Loss, theft or mutilation of a pistol license within twenty-four (24) hours of incident.
        4) Change of business or residential address within ten (10) days of change.
        5) Change of residential telephone number within ten (10) days of change.

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
          Page 24: INCIDENTS THAT REQUIRE NOTIFICATION TO THE PISTOL LICENSING BUREAU
          4)Change of business or residential address within ten (10) days of change.
          5) Change of residential telephone number within ten (10) days of change.
          This is what I was reading. The wording is strange.

I got a new job. I wouldn't describe this event as a "change of business address." It's a change of employer. I was assuming any reference to "business" was intended for those who have licences tied to their business. I work for a company that has 4 different buildings, I've worked out of all of them. I've never felt compelled to notify anyone that my desk moved.

I know when you call over there, answers aren't always consistent, that's why I asked here figuring perhaps someone has done this recently. Has anyone else changed jobs, and gone through this process? Can it be done over the phone or is there paperwork to fill out? Or is this actually an aspect of my personal life that I can leave Suffolk PLB out of?

Comment

Let them know. Not a big deal.

Comment

I don't think you should interpret. Not in this case.
              It says change in business address - I would, for the sake of it not being a problem later, do an amendment.
              I believe that's a $5 check and yes, a joyous trip to Yaphank.

I have had the same job since Noah piloted the ark, but did move duty stations and I went out and filled out an amendment with the new location and paid them, what memory tells me, was $5.
              That was a good 15 years ago, but I doubt much has changed.

Comment

Well, it would be a shame to go out there to do nothing but update my work address. Looks like I need to buy a new gun so I can at least use the trip to pick up a purchase document as well.

Comment

They no longer hand out blank purchase documents by the way, unless you plan to be upstate at a show.
                  NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

The Sullivan Act has to go.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
                      The Sullivan Act has to go.

Paul
                      Hey! There it is!

(I almost added that to my original post but then figured that you'd be along soon enough.)

Comment

A quick update. Yes they want to know that you got a new job. And yes this can be done over the phone. Verify name, DOB and license number, tell them new company name, address and phone number. Done.

Comment

Working...
                        X