No announcement yet.

Called the PLB today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called again for an update. Woman I spoke with said I have been assigned an investigator and should receive a call in the next few weeks. The permit train is inching forward.

Comment

At least you're making progress and got the clock started.
      Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

This whole thing seems like a bad dream. Seems ironic. What if I had to wait a year to be allowed to speak freely, or go to church. Or wait a year for a permit to not implicate myself in a court of law, or any of the other God given rights. God doesn't require I get a permit to protect my family.

Comment

Originally posted by imrich View Post
          This whole thing seems like a bad dream. Seems ironic. What if I had to wait a year to be allowed to speak freely, or go to church. Or wait a year for a permit to not implicate myself in a court of law, or any of the other God given rights. God doesn't require I get a permit to protect my family.
          I think the word you're looking for is infringement.

Hang in there.

Comment

Ugh all this information is so disheartening... Im dropping my paperwork and check off tomorrow, Guess Ill get an interview date somewhere around February!
            "Regardless of the reason, there comes a time when ordinary men and women must find the courage to choose a side. It is then that battle lines are drawn, and the only way to survive is to become what the enemy fears most."

"STAND YOUR GROUND, DONT FIRE UNLESS FIRED UPON, BUT IF THEY MEAN TO HAVE A WAR LET IT BEGIN HERE!" Captain John Parker @ Battle of Lexington April 19th, 1775

Comment

FYI much depends on which investigator your file fall into the lap of. Some investigators appear to have larger loads than others or perhaps take longer to complete. If it's random and one IO gets a bunch of not so easy applications on his or her desk in which they have to do more investigative work, than that will push the time frame back for the application just beneath those that should be easy to breeze through (100% clean background). I think luck plays a bit of a major role in this and most of it is up to the folks that submitted apps before that require a bit more diligence on the IO's part. It just backs everything up and I don't think they trade applications once an IO has been assigned to it.
              The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

6 months...
                Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Called today for an update. Was told my investigator is on vacation for 2 weeks and to call back after 8/1.

Comment

Heard from the PLB to expect a call to schedule interview sometime in the late fall. Lots of people ahead of me. Just have to wait.

Comment

So I find myself in a similar wait and have a few thoughts to share. I dropped of my application mid May. Check was cashed days later. At the 5 month mark I called and was told I was assigned an IO and should be called soon to schedule an interview. Here we are now at almost 6 months and still nothing. My thought are that we now have a new commissioner at SCPD and do we really know his position on permits? Maybe we should test him and push this a bit. I am willing to help support a class action suite regarding the excessive waiting period. I believe we have enough people in the community who are now waiting or have waited more than 6 months. They tell us of the backlog, what if we can tap into those waiting and get support from even a percentage of them? I'm sure we can get logistical support from a few 2A groups here in NY and perhaps nationally. I'm not an attorney, nor do I know the letter of the law, so I would look for support there as well. If the suite has enough value, maybe an attorney would work pro bono? Seems to be a lot of knowledgeable folks here; is this possible? We come here and complain about the infringements, how about we take a stand locally.

Comment

I remember when I was criticized on Long Island Firearms for exposing this abusive practice to the media

I never imagined it would have gotten worse...but then again it is NY
                        Last edited by Ancap; 10-27-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

most of us have been through it.

this part sucks and i do feel for you. but in another month or 2 you will have it and it will just be a bad memory.

save money it's tough to just buy one
                          let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                            this part sucks and i do feel for you. but in another month or 2 you will have it and it will just be a bad memory.
                            This.
                            NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

Originally posted by 442Stu View Post
                              So I find myself in a similar wait and have a few thoughts to share. I dropped of my application mid May. Check was cashed days later. At the 5 month mark I called and was told I was assigned an IO and should be called soon to schedule an interview. Here we are now at almost 6 months and still nothing. My thought are that we now have a new commissioner at SCPD and do we really know his position on permits? Maybe we should test him and push this a bit. I am willing to help support a class action suite regarding the excessive waiting period. I believe we have enough people in the community who are now waiting or have waited more than 6 months. They tell us of the backlog, what if we can tap into those waiting and get support from even a percentage of them? I'm sure we can get logistical support from a few 2A groups here in NY and perhaps nationally. I'm not an attorney, nor do I know the letter of the law, so I would look for support there as well. If the suite has enough value, maybe an attorney would work pro bono? Seems to be a lot of knowledgeable folks here; is this possible? We come here and complain about the infringements, how about we take a stand locally.
                              So I thought about that, but usually when you file a suit it signifies battle and the other side tends to dig in their heels and you're stuck waiting until the end of the legal process for a result. And there's no guarantee of success. I'd prefer to exhaust all the non confrontational options first. I contacted my county legislator. I did hear back from him and he said he would look into it. He mentioned in his response that he has looked into this in the past and was told that the process has improved. This seems contrary to what we and others are experiencing so I'm not sure when he last looked and who told him this. He also said he has a friend who owns a gun shop and has talked to others including the police commissioner regarding pistol licensing and the investigation process was not discussed so he is going to look into it. This was all recently so as of now I haven't heard back. Lawsuits can get expensive and take very long to resolve so to me that would be a last option.

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                                most of us have been through it.

save money it's tough to just buy one

I hope your right, but now that permits need to be renewed, something tells me over time, it's going to get more and more difficult

Comment

Working...
                                X