No announcement yet.

Called the PLB today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't say for certain but I'm thinking applications in Nassau at least get sorted into an "easy", "harder" and "wtf" category before being processed. I personally know someone whose time from print to permit was 6 business days. I know another person who waited the whole six months. The quicker one was someone who didn't even have a traffic ticket to their name and had references of people who has known him for 40 years. The longer one has a minor incident involving open container in a park and some recent back to back speeders and a somewhat messy divorce. I'm wondering if they run the "clean" ones first because those are just quicker as to necessary follow up. It would make sense to move things along.

Sit tight. The wait sucks but remind yourself that it is out of your control at this point and you can't do anything about it. To give you an analogy:

A judge is supposed to decide a motion within 60 to 90 days. When the 90 days are up I don't call chambers to rush it. Because if I do, I run the risk of "you want your decision? Here ya go.... DENIED."

Same thing with your permit. Relax. Shoot your rifles in the meantime and enjoy those. Soon enough they'll sit in your safe with dust on them.... 😐
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Got the call today to schedule my interview. Came exactly 8 months to the day they received my application. Date is 11/17. Inching forward toward the land of the living.

Comment

time for the old article 78 hearing

Comment

holy crap though,,, when I applied it was 6 months to the day drop off to pl in my mailbox and I thought that wait was painfull its been a while can you get your refrences notorized so you can turn them in at interview or do you have to wait for the form back from them

Comment

I have all 4 of my reference forms notarized already. I was given a list of things to bring. Passport, proof of residency, driving abstract, notarized depositions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
              The wait is the worst part of the process.
              personally I think the colonoscopy at the interview was the worst part.

Actually my interview was the office lecturing and me listening. I hardly said anything except I asked one or two questions.

Comment

Originally posted by imrich View Post
                Got the call today to schedule my interview. Came exactly 8 months to the day they received my application. Date is 11/17. Inching forward toward the land of the living.
                Congratulations.
                NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post

personally I think the colonoscopy at the interview was the worst part.

Actually my interview was the office lecturing and me listening. I hardly said anything except I asked one or two questions.
                  If given the choice between waiting a year or submitting to a colonoscopy and it taking a couple of months. I'd choose the latter. I'd ask them while they were up there if they could clean it out so as to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
                    The wait is the worst part of the process.
                    Well, I would say that having to beg the state for permission to exercise your unalienable right is the worst part, but okay...

Comment

Originally posted by fatwhiteman View Post

Well, I would say that having to beg the state for permission to exercise your unalienable right is the worst part, but okay...
                      There's that.

Comment

Working...
                      X