X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imrich
    replied
    Originally posted by fatwhiteman View Post

Well, I would say that having to beg the state for permission to exercise your unalienable right is the worst part, but okay...
    There's that.

Leave a comment:

• fatwhiteman
    replied
    Originally posted by Paté View Post
    The wait is the worst part of the process.
    Well, I would say that having to beg the state for permission to exercise your unalienable right is the worst part, but okay...

Leave a comment:

• imrich
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeM View Post

personally I think the colonoscopy at the interview was the worst part.

Actually my interview was the office lecturing and me listening. I hardly said anything except I asked one or two questions.
    If given the choice between waiting a year or submitting to a colonoscopy and it taking a couple of months. I'd choose the latter. I'd ask them while they were up there if they could clean it out so as to make it worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• SteveT
    replied
    Originally posted by imrich View Post
    Got the call today to schedule my interview. Came exactly 8 months to the day they received my application. Date is 11/17. Inching forward toward the land of the living.
    Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• MikeM
    replied
    Originally posted by Paté View Post
    The wait is the worst part of the process.
    personally I think the colonoscopy at the interview was the worst part.

Actually my interview was the office lecturing and me listening. I hardly said anything except I asked one or two questions.

Leave a comment:

• imrich
    replied
    I have all 4 of my reference forms notarized already. I was given a list of things to bring. Passport, proof of residency, driving abstract, notarized depositions, etc.

Leave a comment:

• gripper 2.0
    replied
    holy crap though,,, when I applied it was 6 months to the day drop off to pl in my mailbox and I thought that wait was painfull its been a while can you get your refrences notorized so you can turn them in at interview or do you have to wait for the form back from them

Leave a comment:

• doctorpc
    replied
    time for the old article 78 hearing

Leave a comment:

• imrich
    replied
    Got the call today to schedule my interview. Came exactly 8 months to the day they received my application. Date is 11/17. Inching forward toward the land of the living.

Leave a comment:

• Synner
    replied
    I can't say for certain but I'm thinking applications in Nassau at least get sorted into an "easy", "harder" and "wtf" category before being processed. I personally know someone whose time from print to permit was 6 business days. I know another person who waited the whole six months. The quicker one was someone who didn't even have a traffic ticket to their name and had references of people who has known him for 40 years. The longer one has a minor incident involving open container in a park and some recent back to back speeders and a somewhat messy divorce. I'm wondering if they run the "clean" ones first because those are just quicker as to necessary follow up. It would make sense to move things along.

Sit tight. The wait sucks but remind yourself that it is out of your control at this point and you can't do anything about it. To give you an analogy:

A judge is supposed to decide a motion within 60 to 90 days. When the 90 days are up I don't call chambers to rush it. Because if I do, I run the risk of "you want your decision? Here ya go.... DENIED."

Same thing with your permit. Relax. Shoot your rifles in the meantime and enjoy those. Soon enough they'll sit in your safe with dust on them.... 😐

Leave a comment:

• Ancap
    replied
    Originally posted by Havfun View Post
    most of us have been through it.

this part sucks and i do feel for you. but in another month or 2 you will have it and it will just be a bad memory.

save money it's tough to just buy one

I hope your right, but now that permits need to be renewed, something tells me over time, it's going to get more and more difficult

Leave a comment:

• imrich
    replied
    Originally posted by 442Stu View Post
    So I find myself in a similar wait and have a few thoughts to share. I dropped of my application mid May. Check was cashed days later. At the 5 month mark I called and was told I was assigned an IO and should be called soon to schedule an interview. Here we are now at almost 6 months and still nothing. My thought are that we now have a new commissioner at SCPD and do we really know his position on permits? Maybe we should test him and push this a bit. I am willing to help support a class action suite regarding the excessive waiting period. I believe we have enough people in the community who are now waiting or have waited more than 6 months. They tell us of the backlog, what if we can tap into those waiting and get support from even a percentage of them? I'm sure we can get logistical support from a few 2A groups here in NY and perhaps nationally. I'm not an attorney, nor do I know the letter of the law, so I would look for support there as well. If the suite has enough value, maybe an attorney would work pro bono? Seems to be a lot of knowledgeable folks here; is this possible? We come here and complain about the infringements, how about we take a stand locally.
    So I thought about that, but usually when you file a suit it signifies battle and the other side tends to dig in their heels and you're stuck waiting until the end of the legal process for a result. And there's no guarantee of success. I'd prefer to exhaust all the non confrontational options first. I contacted my county legislator. I did hear back from him and he said he would look into it. He mentioned in his response that he has looked into this in the past and was told that the process has improved. This seems contrary to what we and others are experiencing so I'm not sure when he last looked and who told him this. He also said he has a friend who owns a gun shop and has talked to others including the police commissioner regarding pistol licensing and the investigation process was not discussed so he is going to look into it. This was all recently so as of now I haven't heard back. Lawsuits can get expensive and take very long to resolve so to me that would be a last option.

Leave a comment:

• SteveT
    replied
    Originally posted by Havfun View Post
    this part sucks and i do feel for you. but in another month or 2 you will have it and it will just be a bad memory.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• Havfun
    replied
    most of us have been through it.

save money it's tough to just buy one

Leave a comment:

• Ancap
    replied
    I remember when I was criticized on Long Island Firearms for exposing this abusive practice to the media

I never imagined it would have gotten worse...but then again it is NY
    Last edited by Ancap; 10-27-2016, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X