Timelines right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timelines right now?

What are the timelines for suffolk PLB western towns right now? My app will be going in at the end of the month, in person.

I've been hearing over a year, BUT if you have a set of balls, you send them (forgot the number) letter at 6 months demanding approval (or denial) as permitted by law. They will get on it very quickly after they get the letter.

Comment

Sounds like a plan. Everything gets done quicker when you light a fire under someone's ass, cause that's where they keep their wallet. 😉

Comment

Over a year???

thats BS!...and I remember getting heat over at LIF for exposing the slpb to the news media a few years ago...looks like things got worse since then
        The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

I would've done that but my gut said don't give the PLB an excuse to put you on the shit list.

Took me 14mo, was issued 9/29 this year.
          Vaminos is all you need to say, we're gonna move eventually
          Pull the suckers off of one row, then turn around and do it again -
          WNM

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post
            I would've done that but my gut said don't give the PLB an excuse to put you on the shit list.

Took me 14mo, was issued 9/29 this year.
            With the shit ive bought and said. I'm sure ive been on more than one shit lists. Why not add one more.

Comment

When I applied for mine I checked in at 5 1/2 months. I was told atleast a couple months. I informed them of the law and I was told the time line does not start until after the interview. I read them the law that clearly contradicts it and I received my license right at 6 months. I don't know if the phone conversation had anything to do it or if it was just coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                I've been hearing over a year, BUT if you have a set of balls, you send them (forgot the number) letter at 6 months demanding approval (or denial) as permitted by law. They will get on it very quickly after they get the letter.
                It doesn't take balls to politely insist on your rights uder the law not to be violated.
                It takes a lack of balls not to. If someone knows the law and doesn't want to wait longer than the time allotted but they are too scared to upset the gubment clerk they are a pussy. Plain and simple.

Originally posted by Bigrob View Post
                When I applied for mine I checked in at 5 1/2 months. I was told at least a couple months. I informed them of the law and I was told the time line does not start until after the interview. I read them the law that clearly contradicts it and I received my license right at 6 months. I don't know if the phone conversation had anything to do it or if it was just coincidence.
                Guess you're not a pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrob View Post
                  When I applied for mine I checked in at 5 1/2 months. I was told atleast a couple months. I informed them of the law and I was told the time line does not start until after the interview. I read them the law that clearly contradicts it and I received my license right at 6 months. I don't know if the phone conversation had anything to do it or if it was just coincidence.
                  will make sure i do this. not a fan of waiting unti lmy next bitrthday to excercise a right.

Comment

The law is very clear. Six months from presentment of application. Don’t let them steam roll you. As long as you are clean, you can not be denied for making them follow the law as it is written.

Comment

At the end of the day, in this shithole that we live in, if you're applying for a permit, you should have a relatively squeaky clean past. If you do, no reason not to get the letter or do what someone else did above and have a conversation. I believe it is no coincidence that he got his permit at the 6 month mark. He got it because he squeaked and the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                        At the end of the day, in this shithole that we live in, if you're applying for a permit, you should have a relatively squeaky clean past. If you do, no reason not to get the letter or do what someone else did above and have a conversation. I believe it is no coincidence that he got his permit at the 6 month mark. He got it because he squeaked and the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
                        I haven't had time to screw up in the past. nothing on my record except maybe a traffic stop that ended in a warning. Think im good to shake it up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

I haven't had time to screw up in the past. nothing on my record except maybe a traffic stop that ended in a warning. Think im good to shake it up a bit.
                          Be polite, professional, etc and you'll have no issue. The law is law regardless of what SCPB says. They are good folks over there but remember that everyone has a boss. I am sure they get pressure from top brass who of course are in bed with the politicians that appointed them their jobs. It's the law and in this case, it's actually on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
                            The law is very clear. Six months from presentment of application. Don’t let them steam roll you. As long as you are clean, you can not be denied for making them follow the law as it is written.
                            NY State Penal Law
                            S 400.00 Licenses to carry, possess, repair and dispose of firearms.
                            4-a. Processing of license applications. Applications for licenses shall be accepted for processing by the licensing officer at the time of presentment. Except upon written notice to the applicant specifically stating the reasons for any delay, in each case the licensing officer shall act upon any application for a license pursuant to this section within six months of the date of presentment of such an application to the appropriate authority. Such delay may only be for good cause and with respect to the applicant. In acting upon an application, the licensing officer shall either deny the application for reasons specifically and concisely stated in writing or grant the application and issue the license applied for.

Says the licensing officer must "act upon" the application within 6 months. Besides individual thoughts of what 'act upon' means, is there legal precedent regarding what that means?
                            Last edited by Dan 0351; 12-06-2017, 04:58 PM.
                            No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Says the licensing officer must "act upon" the application within 6 months. Besides individual thoughts of what 'act upon' means, is there legal precedent regarding what that means?

In the next sentence it mentions “In acting upon an application, the licensing officer shall either deny the application for reasons specifically and concisely stated in writing or grant the application and issue the license applied for.”

The way it reads, I believe that this sentence is the qualifier for the above mentioned 6 month time period.

Comment

Working...
                              X