Announcement

Collapse

St Mary’s Children’s Hospital Fund Raiser

Don’t miss out! ——> Link
See more
See less

Timelines right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    If I remember right the state form they print out there has your finger prints on it so the one you included will not be valid. Going on memory it’s need awhile
    III%

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
      If I remember right the state form they print out there has your finger prints on it so the one you included will not be valid. Going on memory it’s need awhile
      They submit their fingerprints electronically. Some jurisdictions in NYS still do ink rolled prints but either way I believe they go onto the PPB3-B form.

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
        If I remember right the state form they print out there has your finger prints on it so the one you included will not be valid. Going on memory it’s need awhile
        This is the official NYS application
        https://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3.pdf

        I filled out page1 and had my 4 references sign it. I left page 2 blank. There is a section on page2 saying "fingerprints sent electronically". Then there is this form:

        https://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3B.pdf

        That is a supplement page for placing your finger prints on. So they will probably hand me that one at the interview and attach it.

        Had I never found this forum, I'd of never knew about the state application, assuming that the Suffolk questionnaire was THE application. That would mean incurring a longer delay as I'd have to take the PPB 3 form I got at the interview home to be signed by references, then get it back to them etc....
        Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
        Nick Charles: No.
        Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
        Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
        -The Thin Man - 1934

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

          This is the official NYS application
          https://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3.pdf

          I filled out page1 and had my 4 references sign it. I left page 2 blank. There is a section on page2 saying "fingerprints sent electronically". Then there is this form:

          https://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3B.pdf

          That is a supplement page for placing your finger prints on. So they will probably hand me that one at the interview and attach it.

          Had I never found this forum, I'd of never knew about the state application, assuming that the Suffolk questionnaire was THE application. That would mean incurring a longer delay as I'd have to take the PPB 3 form I got at the interview home to be signed by references, then get it back to them etc....
          From what I've gathered from others is that you could have gotten the jurat administered by any notary public. They would sign the top part of page 2 of the PPB3 form and have you swear to the contents as being true. Everything underneath that jurat would be the PLB's responsibility.

          Comment


            #80
            Update for anyone interested, i called today and was told that they were only just getting to September applications right now. let's see how my light a fire under your ass technique goes at the end of this month.

            Comment


              #81
              So when they get to my application finally, what happens next? Do they call me for the interview first and then call references? What is the timeline post interview like?
              Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
              Nick Charles: No.
              Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
              Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
              -The Thin Man - 1934

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post
                So when they get to my application finally, what happens next? Do they call me for the interview first and then call references? What is the timeline post interview like?
                someone else is gonna have to handle that one. i haven't gone through it myself yet.

                Comment


                  #83
                  They'll call you for an interview.
                  You'll arrive at the SCPLB, you'll meet your interviewing officer.
                  They'll have you answer all of the questions again.
                  They'll chat with you about firearms, about the SCPLB manual, just to make sure everything is clear.
                  They'll fill out your actual 'application', you'll sign it, they'll keep a copy, they give you the original.
                  They'll have you get ALL of your references sign the 'application' form (again).
                  You'll either mail it back to them or drop it off.
                  You'll wait.... forever. Probably six months, maybe more.
                  Eventually, your references may be called (if you're employed). Maybe not.
                  Eventually, your wife will be called and she'll be asked a few questions.
                  If all is good after this, 3-4 days later, your permit will arrive in the mail.
                  NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by SteveT View Post
                    They'll call you for an interview.
                    You'll arrive at the SCPLB, you'll meet your interviewing officer.
                    They'll have you answer all of the questions again.
                    They'll chat with you about firearms, about the SCPLB manual, just to make sure everything is clear.
                    They'll fill out your actual 'application', you'll sign it, they'll keep a copy, they give you the original.
                    They'll have you get ALL of your references sign the 'application' form (again).
                    You'll either mail it back to them or drop it off.
                    You'll wait.... forever. Probably six months, maybe more.
                    Eventually, your references may be called (if you're employed). Maybe not.
                    Eventually, your wife will be called and she'll be asked a few questions.
                    If all is good after this, 3-4 days later, your permit will arrive in the mail.
                    And by then hopefully you’ll move out of this SHITHOLE state and it won’t matter.
                    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Just to update; (my last post in here was back in January) it has now been one year since I submitted my application (or questionnaire I suppose). I called today to check on the status, and they said that I was just assigned an investigator, and to expect a call from him in a few months. The very nice lady on the phone apologized for the long waiting period, but I am not in as much of a rush or hurry as I am sure most of you are. So if anyone was curious as to how long it takes from the day you drop off your paperwork until the day they pick it up, currently one year.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Suffolk just hired some p/t help at PLB. Supplements the regular staff for now but shows they know they need to do better.

                        Call your county legislators and complain. Not just new lic applicants but everyone.
                        Yaphank shuffle needs to go.
                        Saturday or a night during the week hours.
                        Accept credit cards (geez, charge me an extra dollar).
                        Restictions on licenses

                        Keep the issues out front, elections in November
                        Last edited by Huntington Guy; 07-05-2018, 07:01 PM.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by nyvdcs View Post
                          Just to update; (my last post in here was back in January) it has now been one year since I submitted my application (or questionnaire I suppose). I called today to check on the status, and they said that I was just assigned an investigator, and to expect a call from him in a few months. The very nice lady on the phone apologized for the long waiting period, but I am not in as much of a rush or hurry as I am sure most of you are. So if anyone was curious as to how long it takes from the day you drop off your paperwork until the day they pick it up, currently one year.
                          The law says six months. You should hire a lawyer.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by Pat M View Post

                            The law says six months. You should hire a lawyer.
                            At a minimum write an Article 78 letter. I think a draft or example was posted here in the past.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

                              At a minimum write an Article 78 letter. I think a draft or example was posted here in the past.
                              There was at one point but I just went looking for it and couldn't find it. A fellow members told me there were a few lawyers who would do free consultations . I'm hesitant to go that route right off the bat being that I don't really have the money to hire a lawyer.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by nyvdcs View Post
                                Just to update; (my last post in here was back in January) it has now been one year since I submitted my application (or questionnaire I suppose). I called today to check on the status, and they said that I was just assigned an investigator, and to expect a call from him in a few months. The very nice lady on the phone apologized for the long waiting period, but I am not in as much of a rush or hurry as I am sure most of you are. So if anyone was curious as to how long it takes from the day you drop off your paperwork until the day they pick it up, currently one year.
                                Disgusting. Nice that if you're part of government bureaucracy blatantly breaking the law has no consequence.
                                Tag line thanks to @Synner

                                He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X