No announcement yet.

Timelines right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember right the state form they print out there has your finger prints on it so the one you included will not be valid. Going on memory it’s need awhile
    III%

Comment

Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
      If I remember right the state form they print out there has your finger prints on it so the one you included will not be valid. Going on memory it’s need awhile
      They submit their fingerprints electronically. Some jurisdictions in NYS still do ink rolled prints but either way I believe they go onto the PPB3-B form.

Comment

Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
        This is the official NYS application
        https://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3.pdf

I filled out page1 and had my 4 references sign it. I left page 2 blank. There is a section on page2 saying "fingerprints sent electronically". Then there is this form:

https://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3B.pdf

That is a supplement page for placing your finger prints on. So they will probably hand me that one at the interview and attach it.

Had I never found this forum, I'd of never knew about the state application, assuming that the Suffolk questionnaire was THE application. That would mean incurring a longer delay as I'd have to take the PPB 3 form I got at the interview home to be signed by references, then get it back to them etc....
        Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
        Nick Charles: No.
        Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
        Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
        -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

This is the official NYS application
          https://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3.pdf

I filled out page1 and had my 4 references sign it. I left page 2 blank. There is a section on page2 saying "fingerprints sent electronically". Then there is this form:

https://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3B.pdf

That is a supplement page for placing your finger prints on. So they will probably hand me that one at the interview and attach it.

Had I never found this forum, I'd of never knew about the state application, assuming that the Suffolk questionnaire was THE application. That would mean incurring a longer delay as I'd have to take the PPB 3 form I got at the interview home to be signed by references, then get it back to them etc....
          From what I've gathered from others is that you could have gotten the jurat administered by any notary public. They would sign the top part of page 2 of the PPB3 form and have you swear to the contents as being true. Everything underneath that jurat would be the PLB's responsibility.

Comment

Update for anyone interested, i called today and was told that they were only just getting to September applications right now. let's see how my light a fire under your ass technique goes at the end of this month.

Comment

So when they get to my application finally, what happens next? Do they call me for the interview first and then call references? What is the timeline post interview like?
              Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
              Nick Charles: No.
              Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
              Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
              -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post
                So when they get to my application finally, what happens next? Do they call me for the interview first and then call references? What is the timeline post interview like?
                someone else is gonna have to handle that one. i haven't gone through it myself yet.

Comment

They'll call you for an interview.
                  You'll arrive at the SCPLB, you'll meet your interviewing officer.
                  They'll have you answer all of the questions again.
                  They'll chat with you about firearms, about the SCPLB manual, just to make sure everything is clear.
                  They'll fill out your actual 'application', you'll sign it, they'll keep a copy, they give you the original.
                  They'll have you get ALL of your references sign the 'application' form (again).
                  You'll either mail it back to them or drop it off.
                  You'll wait.... forever. Probably six months, maybe more.
                  Eventually, your references may be called (if you're employed). Maybe not.
                  Eventually, your wife will be called and she'll be asked a few questions.
                  If all is good after this, 3-4 days later, your permit will arrive in the mail.
                  NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post
                    They'll call you for an interview.
                    You'll arrive at the SCPLB, you'll meet your interviewing officer.
                    They'll have you answer all of the questions again.
                    They'll chat with you about firearms, about the SCPLB manual, just to make sure everything is clear.
                    They'll fill out your actual 'application', you'll sign it, they'll keep a copy, they give you the original.
                    They'll have you get ALL of your references sign the 'application' form (again).
                    You'll either mail it back to them or drop it off.
                    You'll wait.... forever. Probably six months, maybe more.
                    Eventually, your references may be called (if you're employed). Maybe not.
                    Eventually, your wife will be called and she'll be asked a few questions.
                    If all is good after this, 3-4 days later, your permit will arrive in the mail.
                    And by then hopefully you’ll move out of this SHITHOLE state and it won’t matter.
                    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Working...
                    X