Timelines right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveT View Post
    They'll fill out your actual 'application', you'll sign it, they'll keep a copy, they give you the original.
    I disagree with what they want you to believe.
    See https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...us-application
    Last edited by incognito; 07-21-2018, 08:39 AM.
    ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
    Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

Originally posted by incognito View Post

I disagree with what they want you to believe.
      See https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...us-application
      Total bullshit. The police embarrass themselves by doing this . They are also breaking the law. Sadly, they get away with it.
      Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

At a minimum write an Article 78 letter. I think a draft or example was posted here in the past.
        https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...222#post317222
        ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)

Comment

Thank you. I forgot I made a sperate post about it. I was looking back through this one.

Comment

So a year ago, (8/15/17) a friend submitted his SC pistol application which I was a reference. He finally got called for his interview, which to my surprise was this past Saturday - seems they are doing this temporarily till they get caught up.

I saw him last night and he asked that I sign his reference application again which I did. I then said you'll probably get it in a week or two which I thought was still the case be he said no - they told him in about 4 months! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by NYbocce View Post
              So a year ago, (8/15/17) a friend submitted his SC pistol application which I was a reference. He finally got called for his interview, which to my surprise was this past Saturday - seems they are doing this temporarily till they get caught up.

I saw him last night and he asked that I sign his reference application again which I did. I then said you'll probably get it in a week or two which I thought was still the case be he said no - they told him in about 4 months! WTF
              TOTAL BS! So since I submitted in March, I have to wait till next summer at the earliest?
              And why did you have to sign his reference application again?! Does that mean another trip to the Notary for him as well? WTF!
              Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
              Nick Charles: No.
              Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
              Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
              -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

The process will be a couple of years before we know it, its getting there now.
                NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

TOTAL BS! So since I submitted in March, I have to wait till next summer at the earliest?
                  And why did you have to sign his reference application again?! Does that mean another trip to the Notary for him as well? WTF!
                  The time from submission to interview has declined a bit lately.

I heard one explanation that since so much time passed from initial submission that they want the witnesses to sign again in the event that the applicant got themselves in some type of situation.

At the interview, the investigating officer compiles the data and most of the answers from the questionnaire, the photographs and the fingerprints onto the computer generated form PPB-3 Application. The applicant initials the answers to certain of the questions. The applicant and the moral character witnesses sign the form where necessary.The signatures do not need to be notarized on the Form PPB-3 Application.

Comment

Originally posted by incognito View Post

The time from submission to interview has declined a bit lately.

I heard one explanation that since so much time passed from initial submission that they want the witnesses to sign again in the event that the applicant got themselves in some type of situation.

At the interview, the investigating officer compiles the data and most of the answers from the questionnaire, the photographs and the fingerprints onto the computer generated form PPB-3 Application. The applicant initials the answers to certain of the questions. The applicant and the moral character witnesses sign the form where necessary.The signatures do not need to be notarized on the Form PPB-3 Application.
                    OK, thanks for the explanation. Still I have to make arrangements to round my references up and meet them somewhere to sign the form regardless. With schedules and all that only adds additional time to the process. Then I either certified mail it in or drive back out to Yaphank.

What have you heard is the time now from submission to interview?
                    Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                    Nick Charles: No.
                    Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                    Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                    -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Call them and ask which submissions they are currently interviewing applicants for.

According to earlier posts in the the local forums:
                      In April 2018 they were interviewing applicants who submitted license requests about 12 months prior.
                      In May 2018 they were interviewing applicants who submitted license requests about 11 months prior.
                      In July 2018 they were interviewing applicants who submitted license requests about 9 to 10 months prior (and one guy from 18 months prior).

See # 95 posted in August 2018 - about 12 months prior.

I called the SCPDPLB in April and confirmed the 12 month delay.
                      In July I know it was 9 months for some.

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

OK, thanks for the explanation. Still I have to make arrangements to round my references up and meet them somewhere to sign the form regardless. With schedules and all that only adds additional time to the process. Then I either certified mail it in or drive back out to Yaphank.

What have you heard is the time now from submission to interview?
                        LIGC meets are good places to connect with friends and Notaries. If you need to repeat previous references, invite them to a meet too.

IMO, hand deliver the final product to PLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

IMO, hand deliver the final product to PLB.
                          This. If it’s important to you then have the satisfaction of hand delivering it.
                          NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Working...
                          X