See less

Timelines right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An absolute Friggin disgrace is what it is. But glad you guys are seeing progress.

Comment

13 months from start to finish.

10/2017 - Submitted my application
      7/2018 - got call and scheduled my interview for later in that week (told 4 - 5 more months for license)
      7/2018 - submitted NYS application with signatures from 4 references within 2 weeks
      10/2018 (3 months after interview) - left message with the IO regarding application status - no reply
      11/2018 - wife was called within a week or so after I left the message
      11/2018 - license issued within 1 week of wife being called
      Last edited by incognito; 11-20-2018, 02:15 PM.
      ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
      Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

Originally posted by incognito View Post
        13 months from start to finish.

10/2017 - Submitted my application
        7/2018 - got call and scheduled my interview for later in that week (told 4 - 5 more months for license)
        7/2018 - submitted NYS application with signatures from 4 references within 2 weeks
        10/2018 (3 months after interview) - left message with the IO regarding application status - no reply
        11/2018 - wife was called within a week or so after I left the message
        11/2018 - license issued within 1 week of wife being called
        Well that actually sounds like an improvement. So hopefully by April/May I will have my license?! What was the interview like? What did they ask your wife?
        Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
        Nick Charles: No.
        Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
        Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
        -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

What was the interview like? What did they ask your wife?
          The interview and call with the wife are non-confrontational.

You go over the answers to the questionnaire, get pictures and prints taken.
          You may need to clarify certain of your answers to the questionnaire.
          The investigating officer gives you a handbook, goes over the lay of the land, answers your questions.
          The NY State approved form of the application is computer generated by the IO for your signature and the signature of your references.

The wife is asked if she knows about the application and has an opportunity to tell the IO if she has any issues of handguns being in the home.
          ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)

Comment

I called the PLB in Yaphank for an update on my application yesterday. The phone rang at least 10x before someone picked up (thought I was going to get a voicemail, so off to a good start). They confirmed my application received date of Mid-March 2018, but it has not yet been assigned to an IO. Based on where they are now, they said I should hear something in the next 30 days. 7 months and counting......
            Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
            Nick Charles: No.
            Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
            Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
            -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

one more thing i should add. I know it's commonly called "the wife call", but if you live with any significant other they will want to call them. they listed my girlfriend whom i live with as my "spouse" for the purposes of the application. I'm getting my replacement reference sheet today and will submit everything tomorrow. hopefully I'll be done by january if 13 months is the going rate right now.

Comment

Glad to hear the 6 months outlined in the law is being adhered to closely.

Oh wait.
                “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I called the PLB in Yaphank for an update on my application yesterday. The phone rang at least 10x before someone picked up (thought I was going to get a voicemail, so off to a good start). They confirmed my application received date of Mid-March 2018, but it has not yet been assigned to an IO. Based on where they are now, they said I should hear something in the next 30 days. 7 months and counting......
                  We all know it sucks, but just stay the course, and it will be over before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                    Glad to hear the 6 months outlined in the law is being adhered to closely.

Oh wait.
                    Yeah. The day that happens I'll roll over in my grave.

Comment

Well that actually sounds like an improvement. So hopefully by April/May I will have my license?! What was the interview like? What did they ask your wife?
                      Have you taken a few minutes to Call your County Legislator? - and ask them why your Civil Rights are being violated? Why you are being ABUSED by PLB?

You could (should!) show up at a Legislature meeting, fill out a card to speak, and publicly ask the same questions...

Comment

Originally posted by Parashooter View Post

Have you taken a few minutes to Call your County Legislator? - and ask them why your Civil Rights are being violated? Why you are being ABUSED by PLB?

You could (should!) show up at a Legislature meeting, fill out a card to speak, and publicly ask the same questions...

Comment

Working...
                        X