17 months and waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 months and waiting

Submitted my pistol permit application in October 2016. Interview in July 2017. Wife called January 2018...still waiting - it's now 17 months and still waiting. This is Suffolk county's way of circumventing the US Constitution!😞

I just had my interview today after 14.5 months from dropping off my application.... could be worse. You should see it soon if the wife got the phone call

Comment

Oh your the guy?

Comment

Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Did you tell them you know me?
          Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Ask them if they lost your application.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

With all due respect, if you guys know you you dont have anything in your past that can disqualify you from obtaining your permit, stop being pussies and have an atty write an article 78 (some on here have offered to write it in the past for free).....letter should sent to arrive at exactly 6 months.
              By folks not sending the letter, they're just allowing the county to continue breaking the law!!!!!

Comment

I hate this liberal sinkhole.

Comment

Another 4-5 months and I’d be getting pissed.

Comment

Call the licensing section and tell them they are in violation of PEN § 400.00 4-a. 

Processing of license applications.  Applications for licenses shall be accepted for processing by the licensing officer at the time of presentment.  Except upon written notice to the applicant specifically stating the reasons for any delay, in each case the licensing officer shall act upon any application for a license pursuant to this section within six months of the date of presentment of such an application to the appropriate authority. Such delay may only be for good cause and with respect to the applicant. In acting upon an application, the licensing officer shall either deny the application for reasons specifically and concisely stated in writing or grant the application and issue the license applied for.
                    I am assuming that you have not received a written notice of the delay of the application.

Ask when you may pick up the license or when you can receive your letter of denial. (Be very polite! but firm,) The department is clearly in violation. If they stall file an official complaint with SCPD internal affairs. (They won't stall.) Just a phone call "the rat squad" will jigger things loose without having to file officially.

Also make a complaint with your local county legislator, whether they are anti gun or not they are obligated to assist you. If they don't you'd be their opposition's poster child for an election commercial. Legislator so-so refused to help me when the police were clearly breaking NY state law... (get the drift?)

I don't think it will get that far. Odds are you'll have your license soon if you call and get some dirty looks when you pick it up but you'll get your license. I had to do the same thing with Nassau County for my license back in 2003. I even had an issue with wanting to file renewal paperwork(and pay) a few months early once since I was going to be out of town on a project. I called my county legislator, a super big anti, who was miffed they had to assist . Never had a problem with anyone again.

BTW... Article 78's are for denials or the licensee contesting undue restrictions (hint: in NY nothing is undue).

Please correct me if I am incorrect on anything. It has been a while since I was hip deep in this stuff but if you need an expert on NYPL265 and NYPL400, John Cushman (NRA Board Member) is the resident expert. He knows that section of law better than most firearm attorneys and way better than anyone in state and local government.
                    "No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- New York State Surrogate Court Judge Gideon John Tucker, Final Accounting in the Estate of A.B._, 1, Tucker (N.Y. Surrogate Court) 247, 249 (1866)

Comment

They’re just trying to give the MS-13s a head start.
                      NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                      NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                      Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

17 months at that rate you should ask for the renewal paperwork when you have them on the phone

Comment

I would call and ask them why they think it's perfectly acceptable for them to break the law but you have to explain every traffic infraction?
                          Then I'd say, seriously, " Do I really need to file a lawsuit against you for breaking NY State law? "
                          Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

It took 18 months...i am now officially a pistol license holder. Joined the NRA today too. Time to fly the American Flag and Gadsen flag in support of the Bill of Rights!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspeez View Post
                              It took 18 months...i am now officially a pistol license holder. Joined the NRA today too. Time to fly the American Flag and Gadsen flag in support of the Bill of Rights!!
                              You should have 5 guns already.
                              Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Working...
                              X