Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get a Dead persons Hand gun on your permit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a Dead persons Hand gun on your permit?

100% true, I have posted a question about My FILs missing Hand guns before. [ Thanks to all that replied]
    FIL Ret. SCPD had 3 revolvers. 2 are missing that My wife reported over the phone about 3/4 weeks ago. The last one was in a safe that My wife can not get into.
    Now as it was told to My wife and I the younger sister that has a Pistol permit for a few months [ wife has had hers for about 2 years] takes the last revolver out of the safe walks into the Pistol Lic. section of HQ
    with nothing but a death certificate and her permit . And has it transferred to her ? No will no Bill of sale, no FFL nothing.
    Can this be real ???? WTF.
    Better to have A gun in your hand, then a Cop on the phone

Yes. A firearm can be transfer at PLB from a parent to a son/daughter. No bill of sale required. No purchase order doc. No FFL.
    (I inherited my father's).

Who's the executor of his estate?
    Last edited by Mak00; 05-16-2018, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Maybe,was there a will?? If so was it left to her??
      Last edited by artburg; 05-15-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Yep, I did it when my Dad died. But along with death cert, I also had a letter from the County Clerk, a copy of his license from upstate, and also a letter from the lawyer taking care of his "estate". Went really smooth.
        Later, Steve
        People are crazy and times are strange
        I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
        I used to care but........ things have changed

Comment

Its called NY Penal Law 265.20. Lot of posts about this lately.

Comment

I've done this. Call LI Ammo. It took time but I eventually took possession.
            NRA Life member

Comment

Thanks guys. My wife's younger sister [ the one who took the revolver transferred to her name] Is one of 2 execs. of the estate. The will does NOT stipulate who gets the Gun. To late now, but thanks again.
              Better to have A gun in your hand, then a Cop on the phone

Comment

Working...
              X