Applying for my license finally, have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
    That's good news Bobby. So which .44 mag are you buying first??
    Hahahaha, you know me well. Ruger Super Redhawk, My Uncle had one and I shot it alot with him before I was 21.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
    - James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbytaz View Post

Hahahaha, you know me well. Ruger Super Redhawk, My Uncle had one and I shot it alot with him before I was 21.
      Kinda figured that would be the one. Perfect sidearm for the carbine. Glad I bought that ammo when I did lol. Something tells me you won't be selling anymore of it.

Comment

Bobby PM inbound
        stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Interview over, running around to get everything signed, should be in the Mail Saturday, 4 months away you all think?

- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
          - James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by FDEMTNYC View Post
            Can’t be law enforcement, I’m sure retired LEO’s aren’t allowed to be references either.
            Retired LEO are good, I used 3 on mine
            Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Thanks Everyone, all documents signed, notarized and sent in, now its the waiting game, Told my wife to expect a phone call, she is excited she wants to get her license also.
              4-6 months from now? How soon would I hear if they deem me unfit for a license? Side note, I do have my Utah non resident, so I think i should be good.
              - Thomas Jefferson

- James Madison

Comment

Just got the call for my interview tomorrow. They are having some kind of expedited thing, hopefully I get the license in less than a year.
                That's because half the Investigating Officers are now back from their month long Summer vacations. Anyone who applied just before Summer gets screwed with an additional 1-2 month wait because their IO's usually take a month off in the Summer. And so their apllication just sits in the desk until the IO comes back from vacation. Been that way for at least as long as I remember. Nice cushy job that is at PLB.
                Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Thanks Everyone, all documents signed, notarized and sent in, now its the waiting game, Told my wife to expect a phone call, she is excited she wants to get her license also.
                  4-6 months from now? How soon would I hear if they deem me unfit for a license? Side note, I do have my Utah non resident, so I think i should be good.
                  Probably a lot less. I’d take a bet and say a month or less.

Comment

Working...
                  X