No announcement yet.

Applying for my license finally, have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be clear before it gains any traction......actual date of issue, as stamped on permit, correct? Not the day the applicant screams on the keyboard " I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!".

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
      Just to be clear before it gains any traction......actual date of issue, as stamped on permit, correct? Not the day the applicant screams on the keyboard " I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!".
      ^^^ For my suggestion! If so, sure, why not.
      I guess a Mod would have to bless the idea and Pat or someone else would be willing to handle the $$.

Comment

Two months from interview date and still nothing, wish I would get it by my 50th Birthday, 12/22
        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
        - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
        - James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbytaz View Post
          Interview over, running around to get everything signed, should be in the Mail Saturday, 4 months away you all think?
          Still nothing, oh well, New Year its looking like.
          - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
          - James Madison

Comment

Still nothing, oh well, New Year its looking like.
            It will happen when you least expect it. Just stop thinkin about it, or it's like staring at a friggin clock in school!

Comment

Ring ring....ring ring......Hello, SCPLB - can you tell me where my fucking license is please? It's been over the 6 months the law allows to issue either the license or rejection and would like an update before I contact my attorney.

Next day...

Ohhhh would you look at that, it's in my mailbox.

Comment

What SCPLB actually hears on the other end......."Hello, SCPLB - bla bla bla, bla bla, bla bla bla"

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                  Ring ring....ring ring......Hello, SCPLB - can you tell me where my fucking license is please? It's been over the 6 months the law allows to issue either the license or rejection and would like an update before I contact my attorney.

Next day...

Ohhhh would you look at that, it's in my mailbox.
                  Can I actually do that?? Or is that a bad thing?
                  - Thomas Jefferson

- James Madison

Comment

I made a phone call to the SC PLB every month from the 6 month point on. I simply asked for a status. They were always pleasant on the phone and asked what month was my application was submitted. They always gave me the update and apologized for the delay. "Pending.., Assigned to an I/O..., You should be hearing within the month from the I/O to schedule the interview...., interview call..., your wife should be hearing from the I/O in the next few weeks...., at the wife call he informed her it would be in the mail in the next 2 weeks. I got it a week later. I know I was there. The waiting sucks! It will fly by before you know it.
                    Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                    Nick Charles: No.
                    Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                    Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                    -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

I’m gonna guess February-March. I hope I’m wrong, but I think there still going to drag it out.

Comment

It is not a bad thing if you remain polite.
                        3 months from interview, you might be near the finish line.

Did you make the "I'm just making sure you have everything you need." call already? If not, do it now.

ETA:
                        Forms submitted 6/21/2019 per an earlier post....
                        You have not paid your dues yet!

You actually may get it within the 6 month time frame. That would be nice if they got their stuff together.

Last edited by incognito; 12-05-2019, 05:26 PM.
                        ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
                        Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

Yes, just be polite about it.

Comment

we-are-behind-on-orders-and-your-phone-call-puts-us-further-behind-please-call-to-check-on-your-order-to-have-it-expeditedto-the-bottom-of-the-pile-e4fda.png

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Why can you not use a LEO as a reference? What does someone's job have to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by fatwhiteman View Post
                                Why can you not use a LEO as a reference? What does someone's job have to do with it?
                                Probably to cover their ass. Should someone do something stupid, they don't want it falling onto the officer that was used as a reference. Etc etc...

Stupid yes, but that's my take anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X