So now you have 60 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now you have 60 days

Renewal Im out of town till may..Im conditionally approved According to letter..Now the letter stated I have to pick up my license and most recent handbook IN PERSON..I have 60 days to or lose my license..Am I suppose to fly in get my license and fly back..

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
    Renewal Im out of town till may..Im conditionally approved According to letter..Now the letter stated I have to pick up my license and most recent handbook IN PERSON..I have 60 days to or lose my license..Am I suppose to fly in get my license and fly back..
    They don't care. Take a mule. Take the bus.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Why aren't they mailing out the permit? Is that a Suffolk thing?
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

They used to mail them..ill have to call flying back in is just crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
          They used to mail them..ill have to call flying back in is just crazy
          I've only got Nassau experience. Never picked up a permit. Anyone else get instructions to pick up the permit?

OP.... this is a renewal.... so what's with the "conditionally approved" part?
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I would suggest that you ask them for an extension and get the name of the person who gives it to you. Suffolk's PL can be very helpful nowadays. The nice folks there have to work within the rules (that they do not set), so there are limits to what they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

I've only got Nassau experience. Never picked up a permit. Anyone else get instructions to pick up the permit?

OP.... this is a renewal.... so what's with the "conditionally approved" part?
              The renewal form was sent by mail and I was approved..They want you in person to pickup new license/ book and turn in your old license

Comment

I renewed online and got my Nassau license in the mail. Suffolk needs to get with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by NativeNYer View Post
                  I would suggest that you ask them for an extension and get the name of the person who gives it to you. Suffolk's PL can be very helpful nowadays. The nice folks there have to work within the rules (that they do not set), so there are limits to what they can do.
                  I sure hope so dont need the license where I am now have full carry.. My NY pistols are in NY safe and sound..

Comment

My Suffolk renewal came in the mail

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                      When was that?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                        So did mine. It was this past September
                        III%

Comment

Makes me wish I still had the Nassau licence. Moved to Suffolk and just updated my licence two weeks ago

Comment

Every rule has exceptions. Just be realistic about it. Call them up to explain the situation, get names yadda yadda, and ask them to either mail or email the ok to delay pickup for your proof etc.

Comment

Renewal and picking up license two different things..I got the renewal letter filled it out and was approved..BUT they now want you to show up in PERSON to get new lisence and book..60 days from yhe approved letter. They used to mail NEW license now I guess they want you to make you do the trip..just more hurdles the better in NY
                              Last edited by Ransom; 01-29-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X