Good news if buying handgun in Suffolk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news if buying handgun in Suffolk!

The Yaphank shuffle has changed for the better. I did a transfer at Benson’s. The guy helping me took a picture of the gun’s serial number and gave it to me. He told me to take it to SCPD and they will put the gun on your license right then and there. Sure enough that’s what happened and I went back to the store with a single purchase doc, picked up the gun and went home. No going back to Yaphank to get it inspected and put on the license. Saves a trip! Definitely a move in the right direction in this rights trampling liberal sinkhole. Don’t know if this is a permanent change. I was so happy I forgot to ask.

They just cut their possible corona exposure in half.

Comment

Progress. Now if they would accept credit cards I’d be even happier.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
        ^
        This.
        Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
          Yep. I forgot to mention when I got to SCPD the door was locked. You had to wait for someone to come out. They are only allowing one person in the building at a time.

Comment

I really hope this is a permanent change and not just corona related

Comment

Of course it's just Corona related...NY hates gun owners and they're only doing it to keep their own asses virus free. But credit to them for staying open, and it's nice to finally see something positive come from this stupid ass virus.

Comment

Originally posted by HKFANBOY View Post
                The Yaphank shuffle has changed for the better. I did a transfer at Benson’s. The guy helping me took a picture of the gun’s serial number and gave it to me. He told me to take it to SCPD and they will put the gun on your license right then and there. Sure enough that’s what happened and I went back to the store with a single purchase doc, picked up the gun and went home. No going back to Yaphank to get it inspected and put on the license. Saves a trip! Definitely a move in the right direction in this rights trampling liberal sinkhole. Don’t know if this is a permanent change. I was so happy I forgot to ask.
                holy shit
                while still a far cry from living in America that’s good news.

was it a poloraoid or did he take with your phone or his and sent it to you?
                how did they do it?
                "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

thanks for the heads up !!!
                  A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                    Progress. Now if they would accept credit cards I’d be even happier.
                    No if they wouldn’t fuck us paying $5 to amend our bullshit licenses every time then I’ll be happy .... sortof

p.s. - some here probably have enough guns on their license to buy another with all the $5 amendment fees

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

holy shit
                      while still a far cry from living in America that’s good news.

was it a poloraoid or did he take with your phone or his and sent it to you?
                      how did they do it?
                      He took a picture with his phone and printed it out on the store printer.

Comment

Yep. I forgot to mention when I got to SCPD the door was locked. You had to wait for someone to come out. They are only allowing one person in the building at a time.
                        Hahahahahahahaha and these are the people that you are suppose to call when you have an emergency 🚨 ?!

Comment

Originally posted by NG9588 View Post
                          I really hope this is a permanent change and not just corona related
                          Keep dreaming, it’s probably temp

Comment

Originally posted by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO View Post

Keep dreaming, it’s probably temp
                            I have no doubt it’s probably temporary but one can hope.

Comment

Great so they made you go to Benson twice ..should be go to Bensons show permit.. buy ..take home after background check.. no Yapank at all ..If you have the permit no need to list your firearms on lisence in the first place Bensons could call it in if they want to know..If its the money mail them the 10 bucks

Comment

Working...
                              X