Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by advise429 View Post
    Good news was in the mail box today !!
    No go out and shoot as many handguns as possible, and then buy one!

I will donate a box of ammo to your cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

No go out and shoot as many handguns as possible, and then buy one!

I will donate a box of ammo to your cause.
      lol glock 19x acquired, purchased yesterday, put on my licence today , pick it up after work
      so damn exciting

Comment

congrats happy day
        let's make america great again

Comment

Pick them up ----- go to the UPS store & notarize the form --- take them to Burger-King either as a group or one at a time ---- done --

And --

Its a license !

P/S --- I don't know where you be --- don't go to North Lindenhurst UPS --- they are know nothing ass holes there --- where ever you go ---- call ahead to make sure the guy with the stamp is working that day --
          Last edited by Ricekila; 09-21-2020, 04:07 PM.
          NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

So, while browsing some other forums, I came across a thread where a guy that submitted his questionnaire back in march was just called for his interview. According to him, while he was talking to his investigator, he was told that anyone that submitted the questionnaire after July wont hear anything until 2022! First of 2022, what the heck! How is this legal, second, what options doe one have, if the call for the interview does not happen within 6 to 8 months. Would it be a good idea to get an attorney involved? Just because there is a great influx of new applications, does not mean that 2+ years for a license is acceptable and even legal

Comment

2022. That’s ridiculous. All my paperwork after the fingerprints interview was handed in 2 weeks ago. I was hoping to have my license by the end of the year and I hope the same timeline for everyone after me. But in New York who know what they are doing

Comment

sounds like Suffolk PD needs a good lawsuit like Nassau did.....

Comment

Originally posted by Organix View Post
                  So, while browsing some other forums, I came across a thread where a guy that submitted his questionnaire back in march was just called for his interview. According to him, while he was talking to his investigator, he was told that anyone that submitted the questionnaire after July wont hear anything until 2022! First of 2022, what the heck! How is this legal, second, what options doe one have, if the call for the interview does not happen within 6 to 8 months. Would it be a good idea to get an attorney involved? Just because there is a great influx of new applications, does not mean that 2+ years for a license is acceptable and even legal
                  You can file an Article 78 if you want to go through the expense of hiring a lawyer.
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
                    It's absolutely insane this hasn't been challenged and defeated in court.
                    It has been challenged, a bunch of times.

Generally speaking, the higher courts refuse to hear the case and leave the lower court ruling in place (so the law stands, and the challenger is in violation)

If you feel like you can do better, engage in some civil disobedience so you have standing to challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by RayK-47 View Post

Generally speaking, the higher courts refuse to hear the case and leave the lower court ruling in place (so the law stands, and the challenger is in violation)

If you feel like you can do better, engage in some civil disobedience so you have standing to challenge.
                      Yeah, awesome, thanks for the totally non-snarky suggestion. I'll go out and get arrested right now. Oh wait, I can't, I already have a license.

I'm genuinely curious when there have been multiple lawsuits that have challenged the "mandatory references" clause. Everything I've heard of was specific to carry allowances, mag limits, etc., but not that. I'd be very curious to see how they justify that.

Comment

Please give me a cite to any reported decision from any court regarding a Nassau Suffolk delay to issue within 6 months, which is contrary to the Penal Law. I don't believe it has ever been turned away by a court after a challenge. Usually once an attorney appears after 6 months the applicant gets issued, making any potential case go away.
                        Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

Please give me a cite to any reported decision from any court regarding a Nassau Suffolk delay to issue within 6 months, which is contrary to the Penal Law. I don't believe it has ever been turned away by a court after a challenge. Usually once an attorney appears after 6 months the applicant gets issued, making any potential case go away.
                          I was replying to a comment on the first page, didn't notice there were already 3 pages.

He was referring to the requirement for character references being unconstitutional.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/c...d4aade3c9.html is an example of a case contesting that being tossed by the higher courts. I know it started in Buffalo, but, if it doesn't fly there, we all know it's hopeless here.

Comment

I was replying to a comment on the first page, didn't notice there were already 3 pages.

He was referring to the requirement for character references being unconstitutional.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/c...d4aade3c9.html is an example of a case contesting that being tossed by the higher courts. I know it started in Buffalo, but, if it doesn't fly there, we all know it's hopeless here.
                            There's no mention of character references in that article.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post

There's no mention of character references in that article.
                              "In the court case, Geraci rejected the Libertarians' argument that the pistol permit law is constitutionally vague because of its reliance on determining a license applicant's "good moral character.""

The references are how they prove that, they're arguing that part is unconstitutional.

Comment

So, I decided to call the Pistol office, spoke to one of the nice Ladies that works there. Asked her if it was true that anyone that submitted the app after July would have to wait till 2022, she said absolutely not, but did say that they are running behind, and as of right now were working on apps that were submitted in May. Given the volume, I guess they are trying their best. So this means that i should be getting a call sometime in January, which I was expecting given the current situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X