No announcement yet.

Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long would it take an adult citizen in NY to get a driver's license? If public safety were the issue the statistics would suggest reversing the time it takes to get permission for a Constitutional right compared to driving a car.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
      How long would it take an adult citizen in NY to get a driver's license? If public safety were the issue the statistics would suggest reversing the time it takes to get permission for a Constitutional right compared to driving a car.
      I agree, I believe the whole process is just to discourage people, make the process so tedious that it is not worth the time. I mean, you dont need 4 references to vouch for you being a responsible driver before the state issues you a drivers license. I still cant understand how the courts have upheld this, time and time again. It seems a reasonable person would see for what the licensing scheme truly is.

Comment

^^^ One of my favorite arguments when I go into a bank and need to show photo I/D -- and whip out my handgun license --

"We need to see a driver's licence" --

"The whole idea is to prove its me" ?

"Yes"

"Well its a official New York state pic of me ---- isn't it" ?

"But a driver's licence is better" --

"Sooooooooooooooooo a pic of me just showing my birth certificate - answering 18 out of 20 questions correctly - demonstrating I know how to signal for a right turn and where the brake pedal is ---- is not as good as a thorough background investigation - FBI search - 4 references to vouch for my character - fingerprinted -- checking whether or not I rip the tags off of mattress " --- "is no good" ?

"I'll get the manager" --
        Last edited by Ricekila; 10-07-2020, 12:34 PM.
        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

• Raven
          Raven commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^^^^^ This^^^^^^
          I did this about A year ago At Capital One Bank RT 231 N. Bablyon NY. Cashing A check as a Sub Contractor For A Major Window Manf. Co. Like I had done about 6 times before
          Only this Time Showed my Pistol Permit instead of NYS Drivers Lic. [ yup was in the mood to stir up Shit.]
          They kept asking for My DL i kept showing my Pistol permit.
          Eventually got some [ censored] who said Sir are you caring a GUN ? I asked why do you ask It said well you have a Pistol LIC. I responded Are you driving a car right now ? It said No. I said You have a DL.

^^^ Thats when you educate them --

"Sir are you carrying a GUN" ?

"A - it's none of your business"

"B -- look -- "Sportsman" -- not CCW" --

Now you ask for their SOP sheet showing what is accepted as I/D ----- I'll bet every can of Spam I own ---- any state or federal issued I/D With a pic -- is accepted --

P/S add on ----- just for shits & giggles ---- next time I'm in CITIbank ( if the north swindlehurst branch is ever reopened ) I'm gonna ask for a copy of their I/D standard operating procedures --
        Last edited by Ricekila; 10-07-2020, 03:20 PM.
        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

I put in for my pistol license late June/early July, I don't remember the date, it was hot AF, that I remember. I just got my call for the initial interview this week.

Member of my household was seeing a therapist for anxiety, so they want a note from the doctor stating they are ok with us having a pistol in the house.

He is ok with it, and knows we already have a couple of shotguns and rifles in the house, but of course those are ok and could never be of danger to anyone, just those scarey pistols.. 🤣

Comment

Quick update. Called the PBL office and spoke to an investigator, don't remember her name but was very taken aback with her attitude. Out of the few people that I spoke there, she was very unfriendly and rude, but anyway, I called to see if there was a time limit for the character affidavits that my references filled out. Her answer was, I dont know, it depends on your investigator. Very assuring that they cant give you an answer. I also asked about the interview, she said that they are not doing any interviews now, and don't know when they will continue, and that it will take a long time for anyone that submitted their application during the COVID rush. I asked if the closing was a Suffolk or State mandate, to which she replied, "I don't know, all I know is that we don't do any interviews, we dont do interviews" She went on to say something like, we cant have people breath on us, and have you gone to the city or any large gatherings. It was a very strange and rude conversation. I cant believe that we have to go through this BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Organix View Post
              Quick update. Called the PBL office and spoke to an investigator, don't remember her name but was very taken aback with her attitude. Out of the few people that I spoke there, she was very unfriendly and rude, but anyway, I called to see if there was a time limit for the character affidavits that my references filled out. Her answer was, I dont know, it depends on your investigator. Very assuring that they cant give you an answer. I also asked about the interview, she said that they are not doing any interviews now, and don't know when they will continue, and that it will take a long time for anyone that submitted their application during the COVID rush. I asked if the closing was a Suffolk or State mandate, to which she replied, "I don't know, all I know is that we don't do any interviews, we dont do interviews" She went on to say something like, we cant have people breath on us, and have you gone to the city or any large gatherings. It was a very strange and rude conversation. I cant believe that we have to go through this BS.
              Time to get an attorney to write an article 78 letter for you.

Comment

So.... they don’t “interview” people that get arrested or called in for questioning?
                Are they saying masks don’t work?

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
                  Time to get an attorney to write an article 78 letter for you.
                  https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...222#post317222
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

So.... they don’t “interview” people that get arrested or called in for questioning?
                    Are they saying masks don’t work?
                    My thoughts exactly, but didn’t want to push it, worried about the backlash I might get with my application. They could always somehow “misplace it”. Any apparently accord to her, there are over 7K applications submitted.

Comment

My thoughts exactly, but didn’t want to push it, worried about the backlash I might get with my application. They could always somehow “misplace it”. Any apparently accord to her, there are over 7K applications submitted.
                      That’s not your problem. They don’t get to not follow the law because they are too busy. The law states 6 months from submission of application. Period.

Comment

• Barnslayer
                        Barnslayer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If processing permit applications is their job.... exactly what are they too busy doing?

• bigbore44
                        bigbore44 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They're obviously spending enough time pissing applicants off on the phone. If Suffolk has one like Nassau, maybe she got stuck in the fart chamber?

Makes me wonder what the PLB is doing to occupy their working hours if they’re putting all those applications on hold?
                      And yes, I have been to the city, rode the LIRR and subway every workday since King Shit in Albany allowed us back to work in June. What of it lady?

Comment

Yeah... That doesn't sound like infringement at all...

Comment

Update. Got the call to schedule the interview. It will be a little more then 8 months by the time my interview is held since the submission of the questionnaire.

Comment

I wonder what percentage of applicants (or would be applicants) give up when faced with all the delays?

Comment

Working...
                            X