No announcement yet.

Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long would it take an adult citizen in NY to get a driver's license? If public safety were the issue the statistics would suggest reversing the time it takes to get permission for a Constitutional right compared to driving a car.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
      How long would it take an adult citizen in NY to get a driver's license? If public safety were the issue the statistics would suggest reversing the time it takes to get permission for a Constitutional right compared to driving a car.
      I agree, I believe the whole process is just to discourage people, make the process so tedious that it is not worth the time. I mean, you dont need 4 references to vouch for you being a responsible driver before the state issues you a drivers license. I still cant understand how the courts have upheld this, time and time again. It seems a reasonable person would see for what the licensing scheme truly is.

Comment

^^^ One of my favorite arguments when I go into a bank and need to show photo I/D -- and whip out my handgun license --

"We need to see a driver's licence" --

"The whole idea is to prove its me" ?

"Yes"

"Well its a official New York state pic of me ---- isn't it" ?

"But a driver's licence is better" --

"Sooooooooooooooooo a pic of me just showing my birth certificate - answering 18 out of 20 questions correctly - demonstrating I know how to signal for a right turn and where the brake pedal is ---- is not as good as a thorough background investigation - FBI search - 4 references to vouch for my character - fingerprinted -- checking whether or not I rip the tags off of mattress " --- "is no good" ?

"I'll get the manager" --
        Last edited by Ricekila; 10-07-2020, 12:34 PM.
        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

• Raven
          Raven commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^^^^^ This^^^^^^
          I did this about A year ago At Capital One Bank RT 231 N. Bablyon NY. Cashing A check as a Sub Contractor For A Major Window Manf. Co. Like I had done about 6 times before
          Only this Time Showed my Pistol Permit instead of NYS Drivers Lic. [ yup was in the mood to stir up Shit.]
          They kept asking for My DL i kept showing my Pistol permit.
          Eventually got some [ censored] who said Sir are you caring a GUN ? I asked why do you ask It said well you have a Pistol LIC. I responded Are you driving a car right now ? It said No. I said You have a DL.

^^^ Thats when you educate them --

"Sir are you carrying a GUN" ?

"A - it's none of your business"

"B -- look -- "Sportsman" -- not CCW" --

Now you ask for their SOP sheet showing what is accepted as I/D ----- I'll bet every can of Spam I own ---- any state or federal issued I/D With a pic -- is accepted --

P/S add on ----- just for shits & giggles ---- next time I'm in CITIbank ( if the north swindlehurst branch is ever reopened ) I'm gonna ask for a copy of their I/D standard operating procedures --
        Last edited by Ricekila; 10-07-2020, 03:20 PM.
        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Working...
        X