• spider
    replied
    My IO wanted me to get my license.

Leave a comment:

• raceradam
    replied
    Originally posted by NG9588 View Post

None of my references were ever called.
    Same for me. But, we all know I am of unimpeachable character.

Leave a comment:

• NG9588
    replied
    Originally posted by Augustus View Post
    I was listed by my buddy as a character reference & Suffolk IO never even called me.
    None of my references were ever called.

Leave a comment:

• Augustus
    replied
    I was listed by my buddy as a character reference & Suffolk IO never even called me.

Leave a comment:

• Ransom
    replied
    Ny sucks

Leave a comment:

• Range Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
    I wonder what percentage of applicants (or would be applicants) give up when faced with all the delays?
    Probably a few, but not as many as the ones who just figure they'll never get one and definitely not as many as the people who just figure you can't own a handgun in NY.

Leave a comment:

• NG9588
    replied
    I wonder what percentage of applicants (or would be applicants) give up when faced with all the delays?
    Definitely a significant number of them. Getting a permit isn’t all that hard (as long as you don’t have an overly colorful background) it’s just tedious as shit and they definitely count on the annoyingness of the process to weed some people out. Of course the whole process is unconstitutional but that goes without saying.

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Organix
    replied
    Update. Got the call to schedule the interview. It will be a little more then 8 months by the time my interview is held since the submission of the questionnaire.

Leave a comment:

• bigbore44
    commented on 's reply
    They're obviously spending enough time pissing applicants off on the phone. If Suffolk has one like Nassau, maybe she got stuck in the fart chamber?

• Range Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Organix View Post
    Quick update. Called the PBL office and spoke to an investigator, don't remember her name but was very taken aback with her attitude. Out of the few people that I spoke there, she was very unfriendly and rude, but anyway, I called to see if there was a time limit for the character affidavits that my references filled out. Her answer was, I dont know, it depends on your investigator. Very assuring that they cant give you an answer. I also asked about the interview, she said that they are not doing any interviews now, and don't know when they will continue, and that it will take a long time for anyone that submitted their application during the COVID rush. I asked if the closing was a Suffolk or State mandate, to which she replied, "I don't know, all I know is that we don't do any interviews, we dont do interviews" She went on to say something like, we cant have people breath on us, and have you gone to the city or any large gatherings. It was a very strange and rude conversation. I cant believe that we have to go through this BS.
    Yeah... That doesn't sound like infringement at all...

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    commented on 's reply
    If processing permit applications is their job.... exactly what are they too busy doing?

• Barnslayer
    replied

My thoughts exactly, but didn’t want to push it, worried about the backlash I might get with my application. They could always somehow “misplace it”. Any apparently accord to her, there are over 7K applications submitted.
    Makes me wonder what the PLB is doing to occupy their working hours if they’re putting all those applications on hold?
    And yes, I have been to the city, rode the LIRR and subway every workday since King Shit in Albany allowed us back to work in June. What of it lady?

Leave a comment:

• bberetta1
    replied

My thoughts exactly, but didn’t want to push it, worried about the backlash I might get with my application. They could always somehow “misplace it”. Any apparently accord to her, there are over 7K applications submitted.
    That’s not your problem. They don’t get to not follow the law because they are too busy. The law states 6 months from submission of application. Period.

Leave a comment:

• Organix
    replied

So.... they don’t “interview” people that get arrested or called in for questioning?
    Are they saying masks don’t work?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X