Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suffolk Pistol Renewal form needed

Hello,

I may blind , I could not find a form to apply pistol license renewal (sportman) for Suffolk..

Can u please help me to find form?

Thanks

Originally posted by JakeF150 View Post
    Hello,

I may blind , I could not find a form to apply pistol license renewal (sportman) for Suffolk..

Can u please help me to find form?

Thanks
    Your renewal forms will automatically be mailed to you from the pistol bureau. I think they come around 60 days prior to expiration.

Comment

Thank you....mines expire is on 3/21

any tips about that form? It’s my first renewal thing.

hope it’s not paper load to fill it out LOL

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JakeF150 View Post
        Thank you....mines expire is on 3/21

any tips about that form? It’s my first renewal thing.

hope it’s not paper load to fill it out LOL

thanks
        Like said, they will mail you the renewal. You will need to fill it out & enclosed a passport size photo & a check for I think $10. Then you will receive a letter from them stating that your license has been conditionally renewed & you have 60 days to go to the PLB & pick it up. I just did this about 3 weeks ago. The weird thing is they take a picture of you there for the license. I have no idea why or what they do with the photo I had to send in.
        NRA Life member

Comment

You don't have to pick k it up, they mail the new permits to you, got mine in about a week.

Comment

• Sig
            Sig commented
            Editing a comment
            You want a copy of what they sent me 2 months ago? It stated that I needed to go there to obtain the "new" handbook. When I got there I was told that I wasn't going to get a new handbook but it is online. Total waste of time. My first renewal was done completely by mail.

There will be a list of all the pistols you own, your supposed to confirm all the serial numbers along with the usual questions. Quite simple / faster compared to the application

Comment

Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post

Like said, they will mail you the renewal. You will need to fill it out & enclosed a passport size photo & a check for I think $10. Then you will receive a letter from them stating that your license has been conditionally renewed & you have 60 days to go to the PLB & pick it up. I just did this about 3 weeks ago. The weird thing is they take a picture of you there for the license. I have no idea why or what they do with the photo I had to send in.
              The photo you send in goes with and is required for the NYS form. They want the digitals for your plastic card and their own uses.
              Last edited by Shotgun; 11-15-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Everything will be mailed to you. It is straight forward. In most cases you will receive a letter stating that you have to pick it up. I went with one of my brothers last month and just took my father this past Thursday. As Sig stated, no new handbook. Its all online now.

Comment

Working...
                X