No announcement yet.

Anyone approved lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The law states 6 months from submission of application. Get a lawyer to write an Article 78 letter for you and you’ll have it in a week.

Comment

Was in NCPD recently, 16 months wait, BS
    True freedom and our inherent responsibility:
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NLT
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hronicles+7:14

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
      The law states 6 months from submission of application. Get a lawyer to write an Article 78 letter for you and you’ll have it in a week.
      I thought they argued that the application isn't "submitted" until they complete the required form months after we submit the questionnaire to them.
      Last edited by Range Time; 06-04-2021, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• incognito
        incognito commented
        Editing a comment
        https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...ion#post320631

• Range Time
        Range Time commented
        Editing a comment
        You: "The PLB's position that the 6 month time limit for the licensing officer to act is after the Application Form is completed at the interview is unsupportable by logic. That position can only be supported by misapplying the use of the word "application" when interpreting the statue."

Synner: Until someone takes them up on this in court it won’t matter. You’re in NY - “ the do whatever the fuck we want “ state.

So what's the answer? Are they being required to keep it to six months? It does not seem like they are.

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

I thought they argued that the application isn't "submitted" until they complete the require form months after we submit the questionnaire to them.
      They’ve tried this nonsense before. They tried to say that the application was not submitted until the fingerprints were done. They then proceeded to give you a fingerprint appointment 12 months out. Anyone who got lawyers involved got their licenses much quicker. Six months means six months. That’s what the law states.

Comment

Template for Article 78:

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...222#post317222
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
          The law states 6 months from submission of application.
          The law in NYPL §400.00(15) also states, "Any violation by any person of any provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor."
          ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
          Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

I submitted my original paperwork last year in April. Had the fingerprints interview in September last year and got my license this February. 10 months from start to finish

Comment

Originally posted by Organix View Post
              For me its about 9 months since questionnaire submission, and about a month since my interview. Was told it would take 4 to 6 months till license is issued. So total timeline somewhere between a year and 1 to 3 months, hopefully.
              That’s bullshit, squeaking wheel gets the oil
              A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

So what would a lawyer charge for writing an Article 78 letter? Is there anyone in particular that is recommended?

Comment

• incognito
                  incognito commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was quoted $5,000 a few years ago for an Article 78 action (not just a letter). And that does not guarantee a favorable ruling.
                  I was also advised by another attorney not to risk my other firearms and to not pursue an Article 78 action.
                  My story involved more than just delayed action on their part. It took a few extra months (same time frame as everyone else at the time) and it all turned out well, without incurring any fees.
                  Last edited by incognito; 06-07-2021, 12:08 PM.

• Organix
                  Organix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, that munch! I've already waited this long, not sure if it would make sense to stir the pot now, save my self a few months and be out of $5K. Could get a nice CZ Shadow for that and some overpriced ammo, and still have $$ left. Noo way sir.

Originally posted by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO View Post

That’s bullshit, squeaking wheel gets the oil
                There is another option for those brave (or foolish) enough to pursue it. I met with two Suffolk County investigators but never filed a complaint.

There is also a state unit that does the same thing. The difference is that Sini's office would not be prosecuting the same crime Sini committed as Police Commissioner a few years back.

https://suffolkcountyny.gov/da/Initi...ing-Corruption

Through its Public Integrity Bureau, the Office is committed to investigating and prosecuting any misconduct by public officials, government employees, and those doing business with the County, towns, and villages in Suffolk County.

If you have any information regarding official misconduct, abuse of the public’s trust, government theft or related conduct, please call the Public Integrity Bureau's hotline at 631-853-8298.
                ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
                Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

I applied June 2020, got license Early January. Neighbor applied just a bit after me, July, she just got her interview last week, no license yet. Good friend of mine applied just after me as well, July, hasn't even gotten interview yet.

Not sure why mine went through fast. I have no hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by torgeot View Post
                    I applied June 2020, got license Early January. Neighbor applied just a bit after me, July, she just got her interview last week, no license yet. Good friend of mine applied just after me as well, July, hasn't even gotten interview yet.

Not sure why mine went through fast. I have no hooks.
                    I'm sure thinking one of the following:

1. The summer rioting made applications skyrocket, and you got in just beforehand.
                    2. The COVID restrictions added time, and you got in just beforehand.
                    ​​​​​3. There is and always was no rhyme or reason to their infringement.

Comment

Update: Wife got the call today. License should be in the mail in a few weeks. I hope that means, next week!!

Total time from start to finish around 10 months, give or take a week, I would guess.
                      Last edited by Organix; 06-14-2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X