Need some help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help please

My best friend Frank is in the hospital for cancer, he may never get out, He has a pistol license and its due to expire soon, what do I need to do to put his pistols on my license so I can sell them for his wife? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
    - James Madison

Have you spoken to PLB? Does his wife have a license?

Life Member:
    American Suppressor Association
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    National Rifle Association

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
      Have you spoken to PLB? Does his wife have a license?
      I have no spoken to PLB yet, and his wife does not have a license. Wanted to ask here first.
      - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
      - James Madison

Comment

The easiest thing may be to wait if his wife does not have a license; she will have 15 after departure to bring them to an FFL with his death certificate to legally transfer (I don't think they have to go to PLB).

PM sent
        Life Member:
        American Suppressor Association
        Gun Owners of America
        Second Amendment Foundation
        National Rifle Association

Comment

• SemiAutoFetish
          SemiAutoFetish commented
          Editing a comment
          SCPD told me that even if there is a will, there is still approximately 6 month waiting period for probate

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
          ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the owner can request any other Suffolk resident to safe guard the pistols upon his passing or inability to care for them

Maybe these guys can help. They've been recommended here before for handgun situations

Welcome to Murtha & Murtha, PLLC - Long Island lawyers - Profiles: James D. Murtha, Esq., Michelle Murtha Esq. Long Island, New York litigation law firm practicing copyright..
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I did this for my brother who had a Suffolk license, I have a Nassau license I took the handguns(6) to Bruce at Hunters EssentialsI transfered 2 to my license, the rest were sold. My sister in law then sent a copy of the death certifacate, his lincense to Suffolk PLB with return receipt, all done. This was like 3 years ago.
          stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

I would transfer all guns to an FFL now. Then you have time to decide what to do with them. Otherwise the 15 day time limit following death comes up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbytaz View Post
              My best friend Frank is in the hospital for cancer, he may never get out, He has a pistol license and its due to expire soon, what do I need to do to put his pistols on my license so I can sell them for his wife? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
              How many pistols are you talking about? If it's a significant number it may be easier to bring them all to a gun shop to have them sell on consignment. Otherwise you're going to have x# of transfers to your license then x# transfers to buyers and visits to the PLB to add and remove from your license.
              "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
              Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
              Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I believe he only has two pistols
                - Thomas Jefferson

- James Madison

Comment

• Finicky Fat Guy
                  Finicky Fat Guy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That makes it a lot easier. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's illness.

Originally posted by Bobbytaz View Post
                Sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers for a recovery and remission so you or his family won't have to deal with this.

Comment

Just spoke with his wife, they are moving him to Hospice any day now, so i'm not sure he will beat it this time.
                  - Thomas Jefferson

- James Madison

Comment

Sorry about your friend.

To echo others here - don't notify PLS, go to your favorite gun shop a.s.a.p. and talk them about it. It may be a pretty quick and easy fix.
                    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Prayers for your friend.

Good luck with the transfer

Comment

It's not possible to legally transport those guns to a gun shop unless it's done by your ill friend (obviously not happening), or by the survivor after his passing, or by someone who is exempt from licensing such as a PO friend. Otherwise whoever takes them to the gun shop is in illegal possession. It is, however, possible for the FFL to make a house call to pick up the guns, but I don't know of anyone who will do that.
                        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Is everybody paying attention -------------------------------------------- this is precisely why your spouses need a handgun license ---

Even if she had no interest or owns one herself -- it makes transferring then selling easier ----- class !
                          NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Working...
                          X