Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for your friend and his family.

Comment

Prayers for your friend. I agree with the previous suggestion of bringing then to a FFL ASAP.
      NRA Life member

Comment

Prayers for your Buddy
        What ever you do DO NOT let SCPD get there hands on them.
        When FIL passed . 2nd squad DAs office RET. Stupid fuck SIL took his 2 extra Guns to them
        One was An Un fired SCPD S&W Comm. Took almost 18 months to get it back . Buy good fortune I had the paper work and Wood presentation case . Came back VERY well used and NOT cleaned.
        Property almost shit when My Wife put it in the case.
        With respect Get A good FFL or Mouth Piece.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Raven; 09-13-2021, 03:30 PM.
        Better to have A gun in your hand, then a Cop on the phone

Comment

• Barnslayer
          Barnslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          I would have liked to hear their excuse for its return condition if formally questioned by a lawyer.

• Dan 0351
          Dan 0351 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bought the same one for my nephew, but the NCPD version. These were going for about $1000 not long ago. Not too sure why someone would want to break the rules, sneak it out, and go to a range just to shoot a 4" model 65. I bet their range has a dozen of them sitting around. Hell, I have three or four 3" versions and at least one 4" in a safe. They're certainly not rare.

• class3
          class3 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are under no obligation to return the firearm in any particular condition other than operable.

2 comments Wife asked real nice On the phone and then Face to Face. Sorry That is the way we received it.
        Why ? Why not Be the first to break her cherry
        Better to have A gun in your hand, then a Cop on the phone

Comment

• Barnslayer
          Barnslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          It shows a total disregard for other people's property. Your word against theirs. I wonder if they'd mind if a third party checked it for prints?
          I would have thought this stuff would get locked up the same as evidence.

Sorry about your friend, Bobby, I’ll say a prayer.

Not sure where your friend lives but a few of the LGS have done the house call to do the transfer paperwork legitimately. They probably charge a few bucks to do that but it sounds like it’d be a good investment in this case.
        His wife may even decide one day to get a license herself and could ask you for them to be returned.

Good luck

Comment

Bobby, I am sorry to hear about your best friend Frank. Very few people in our lives can qualify for that title, and the loss is gonna hurt for sure, for a long time. A lot of sound advice so far. Leave the PD out of it, get an FFL involved that will understand the situation and is willing to help. They are out there, just ask around. If it was Nassau, I could hook you up, but I have nothing for out by you. Wish I could help more. Will say a prayer for your friend.

Comment

Working...
          X