Suffolk County Police Department PLB website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suffolk County Police Department PLB website

Does anyone know the status of the PLB website? Actually it is the handbook that I am looking for.
    I could not get the link on their Facebook page to open on my computer.

Last I heard from Lt. Komorowski (at the SAFE meeting) was that he was too incompetent to figure out a way to disseminate the latest version to those of us who are supposed to keep up with revisions to it after the SC computer hack.
    ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
    Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00
    ...nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

thats what i got from him also

Comment

As far as I know it remains SNAFU.

Comment

Originally posted by incognito View Post
        Does anyone know the status of the PLB website? Actually it is the handbook that I am looking for.
        I could not get the link on their Facebook page to open on my computer.

Last I heard from Lt. Komorowski (at the SAFE meeting) was that he was too incompetent to figure out a way to disseminate the latest version to those of us who are supposed to keep up with revisions to it after the SC computer hack.
        I wholeheartedly agree with Lt. Komorowski!

I mean, it's not as if he has all our addresses...

Comment

• bigbore44
          bigbore44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Says the guy who escaped. Lol

• Range Time
          Range Time commented
          Editing a comment
          No better place to cast aspersions than out from under the boot!

A guy at work told me yesterday that they had to mail him the application "questionnaire" because the site is still down.

Comment

• spb1122
          spb1122 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm surprised they didn't tell him he had to go pick it up in Yaphank.

• Genghis Khan
          Genghis Khan commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m surprised they didn’t say no applications until the system is back up and running 100%

• Pat M
          Pat M commented
          Editing a comment
          I told him he might see his license in two years. Better hurry.

My permit expires Feb.1. I sent the application renewal paperwork in last week in Dec. to the Suffolk PD. Just received letter telling me to come in for my new card. I have not taken any of the unconstitutionally required "safety" aka indoctrination classes the Communists in Albany have decreed. My current license is a Sportsman-Business license which is a carry while working license (I am a NY licensed private investigator). It will be interesting to see what kind of unconstitutionally limited license they will give me. I plan to go on Thursday afternoon.

The letter also said they will give me a copy of the new handbook. I am sure it will be entertaining reading (assuming they do give me one).

Comment

• Barnslayer
          Barnslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m sure the handbook will be as clear as mud. Good luck!

• spb1122
          spb1122 commented
          Editing a comment
          If they do give you a copy of a new handbook, there are a lot of people here that would like to see it! So far, it has not been available in any format.

responding to spb1122. I do not know how (even if possible) to post a whole book on this site.

Comment

• incognito
          incognito commented
          Editing a comment
          @igreg
          I am also in Smithtown.
          If you lend it to me for a day, I will unbind it, scan it, and post the scanned document here as an attachment.
          Or ask for a second copy and drop it off in my mailbox.

Originally posted by iGreg View Post
        responding to spb1122. I do not know how (even if possible) to post a whole book on this site.
        I understand.
        I suppose my meaning was more that nobody, as far as I know, has seen an updated handbook.
        The last version posted by SCPD, before they took it down in August ...

update handbook.jpg

...was PDCS-4000o, dated September 2016.

In August 2020 claims were made by the CO of SCPD PLB, Lt Michael Komorowski, that a new handbook was actually completed, was being reviewed by the legal department, and was to be made public by early September 2022...

Of course, that was before the alleged 9/8/22 cyber/ransomware attack on Suffolk County completely and utterly crippled their websites, including SCPD.

Since then, that technology situation has been the excuse for not being able to provide ANY handbook, in ANY format (paper or electronic).

If they actually do give you a handbook, I'm asking you for a PM.
        According to your Avatar tag, we're in the same town.
        I think that together, we can work out a way to be able to share that new handbook with others, even if they only give you a paper copy.

Good Luck!!, We're all counting on you, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by iGreg View Post
          My permit expires Feb.1. I sent the application renewal paperwork in last week in Dec. to the Suffolk PD. Just received letter telling me to come in for my new card. I have not taken any of the unconstitutionally required "safety" aka indoctrination classes the Communists in Albany have decreed. My current license is a Sportsman-Business license which is a carry while working license (I am a NY licensed private investigator). It will be interesting to see what kind of unconstitutionally limited license they will give me. I plan to go on Thursday afternoon.

The letter also said they will give me a copy of the new handbook. I am sure it will be entertaining reading (assuming they do give me one).
          I renewed in December and did not receive a copy of the handbook and I don't really care. Is that wrong of me?

Comment

• bigbore44
            bigbore44 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, it's not. If they make changes, it should be on THEM to see that we receive a copy, or at least a notification that changes have been made, and to go check it out. They don't GAF, none of them do.

• incognito
            incognito commented
            Editing a comment
            Keeping up to date on the reportable events could save you your license.

Hard copies will be available in a couple of weeks per PLB.
          ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
          Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00
          ...nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Comment

I wonder if they are still making new holders sign a form acknowledging that they have read the handbook?

Comment

• iGreg
              iGreg commented
              Editing a comment
              YES. I went today to get my new card. I had to sign a form that I have read and understand the handbook, and the form also says it is available online. I did NOT receive a paper copy. Well, I went online and could NOT find it.

My new card says the same exact thing my expiring card says. It is a "Business, Sportsman" license. My number is the same and still has a "C" on it, which I presume means "carry." Also, it is for five years and NOT three. I am willing to bet when the handbook eventually miraculously appears there will be all kinds of restrictions.

I heard through the byzantine grapevine that the "Business" endorsement does NOT mean carry while conducting business, but just business premises. As the ancient radio show used to say "Who knows, only the Shadow knows."

• incognito
              incognito commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you ask if you could edit the form to indicate the handbook is not currently on line?

You may want to email the PLB and have them confirm that the handbook is not currently online. I did recently and I will save that e-mail....just in case someday it might come in handy.
              [email protected]

And the award for excellence in footdragging goes to...

Comment

Working...
            X