Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Bob
    replied
    I'm retreating to my bunker. Plenty of food, toilet paper, guns and ammo. I'll come out in a month and see if the world hasn't gone into complete chaos.

But seriously, people need to get a grip, and just use some common sense. The media is fueling this panic, as they always do.

Leave a comment:

• The Camel
    replied
    Tom Hanks and his wife just tested positive.

Leave a comment:

• Ransom
    replied
    All I know in New York State this is Cuomos fault it's spreading..

Leave a comment:

• Southshorerob
    replied
    Originally posted by Sherm66 View Post

Bullpoop. If it was a doc's office it would be R0 or secondary attack rate. I presume by "contagion factor" they mean how many people one NCOV-19 patient would infect. The best data suggests 2.6 -3.7. But there are some studies that put it higher. Further. The only cases they know about is limited to who've they tested. Not how many got it, never sought medical help and got better. If you had those numbers it may actually be higher. And oddly the sign doesn't say anything about the elderly where the Case Fatality Rate(people who die from NCOV-19) may be as high as 8%-10%.

If you seriously want some of the most up to date info and a honest hard look as to what is likely to come listen to at least the first 15 minutes....

People need to stop with the BS and click in. It "ain't the flu" bro. Flu and NCOV-19 is not an apples to apples comparison. It's not even aples to oranges. It's apples to ????. There is no valid comparison to anything yet as there is not a clearly focused picture of how far reaching this pathogen has reached.

There are more cases than being reported. From the time cases discovered to reporting is lagging as the number of cases is growing exponentially every day.

If you don't already have a minimum of two weeeks food in your home to feed yourself and your family you're already way behind the ball.

This will get worse.

Lol, Joe Rogan listening to that guy is bad for your health.

Leave a comment:

• Sherm66
    replied
    Originally posted by pandm View Post
    Just a reminder

Dr post.jpg
    Bullpoop. If it was a doc's office it would be R0 or secondary attack rate. I presume by "contagion factor" they mean how many people one NCOV-19 patient would infect. The best data suggests 2.6 -3.7. But there are some studies that put it higher. Further. The only cases they know about is limited to who've they tested. Not how many got it, never sought medical help and got better. If you had those numbers it may actually be higher. And oddly the sign doesn't say anything about the elderly where the Case Fatality Rate(people who die from NCOV-19) may be as high as 8%-10%.

If you seriously want some of the most up to date info and a honest hard look as to what is likely to come listen to at least the first 15 minutes....

People need to stop with the BS and click in. It "ain't the flu" bro. Flu and NCOV-19 is not an apples to apples comparison. It's not even aples to oranges. It's apples to ????. There is no valid comparison to anything yet as there is not a clearly focused picture of how far reaching this pathogen has reached.

There are more cases than being reported. From the time cases discovered to reporting is lagging as the number of cases is growing exponentially every day.

If you don't already have a minimum of two weeeks food in your home to feed yourself and your family you're already way behind the ball.

This will get worse.

Leave a comment:

• louiethe23rd
    replied
    I know someone who works at LI veterans home and starting today they are no longer allowing visitors into the building.

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied
    I've had 4 patients cancel this week over this BS. They'll reschedule if I'm still in business when this blows over. All I know is I still gotta pay rent.
    Thanks leftist media but I'm still voting for Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Whitefoot View Post
    My daughter has just informed me that all SUNY and CUNY schools will be closing after spring break which starts in 2 days. All classes will be done on line.
    I overheard someone on the train this morning. Her son had the same deal with Syracuse Univ.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefSailer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Camel View Post
    I was talking to a liberal coworker today about the Coronavirus and how my daughter was disappointed about her first all county concert being canceled this sunday. He brings up the topic that the media and Democrats are purposely exaggerating this virus just to try and beat Trump because they know he can't be beat straight up. And the fact that more peo6have died from the flu and pneumonia ETC. He also brings up the Bill Maher episode quoted above. I guess he's ain't as liberal as I thought.

Leave a comment:

• The Camel
    replied
    yes. Bill Maher really said this....

F8873C66-5DB0-41A9-ACAC-9E3634930010.jpeg

https://youtu.be/kuIp5DYf8Lc

Leave a comment:

• Whitefoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ransom View Post
    Right now where fucked..market..economy..people getting sick..the only ones happy are the liberal left its hurting Trumps economy and thats just sick
    Yes but at times like these who else would you want to be in office other than President Trump, no one. This could not have been predicted at all but what you do afterwards is all that matters. I'm an optimist, always have been and I undoubtedly see Trump leading us all through this uncertainty with his unwavering leadership . Here he will have his" Churchill" moment in time.
    Trump will address the nation tonight 9 PM not 8
    Last edited by Whitefoot; 03-11-2020, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Coqui
    replied
    Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

Suffolk CC too
    Was scheduled to attend a training seminar @ Stonybrook University. Both sessions have been canceled. March and June. Still required to get credits.

Leave a comment:

• VietVet
    replied
    My Nephew works at Good Samaritan Hospital.
    Just spoke to him. He said “There’s a few patients there in isolation”.
    Corona not yet confirmed but suspected.

Leave a comment:

• mossy930spx
    replied
    Originally posted by Whitefoot View Post
    My daughter has just informed me that all SUNY and CUNY schools will be closing after spring break which starts in 2 days. All classes will be done on line.
    Suffolk CC too

Leave a comment:

• Ransom
    replied
    Right now where fucked..market..economy..people getting sick..the only ones happy are the liberal left its hurting Trumps economy and thats just sick

Leave a comment:

Working...
X